Old 06-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Thierry Leurent

Default KDE 4.6 : kwriteconfig how to apply the change

Hello,

I must change the configuration of my kde (kioslaverc) using a script.
When I change my kioslaverc using command line, I see the result in the file
but the change is not applied (A refresh on konqueror don't work).
When I make the same change via System settings that's work.

Thanks

Thierry

Old 06-16-2011, 06:24 AM
Kevin Krammer

On Wednesday, 2011-06-15, Thierry Leurent wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I must change the configuration of my kde (kioslaverc) using a script.
> When I change my kioslaverc using command line, I see the result in the
> file but the change is not applied (A refresh on konqueror don't work).
> When I make the same change via System settings that's work.

Try
qdbus org.kde.klauncher /KLauncher org.kde.KLauncher.reparseConfiguration

or calling

kbuildsycoca

Cheers,
Kevin

Old 06-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Kevin Krammer

On Thursday, 2011-06-16, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2011-06-15, Thierry Leurent wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I must change the configuration of my kde (kioslaverc) using a script.
> > When I change my kioslaverc using command line, I see the result in the
> > file but the change is not applied (A refresh on konqueror don't work).
> > When I make the same change via System settings that's work.
>
> Try
> qdbus org.kde.klauncher /KLauncher org.kde.KLauncher.reparseConfiguration
>
> or calling
>
> kbuildsycoca

Or have a look at this:
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=34605