-   -   krunner crashes (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/472194-krunner-crashes.html)

Frank Mehnert 01-04-2011 01:45 PM

krunner crashes

Hi,

I'm using KDE 4 with Debian/unstable for some weeks now and observe
accident crashes of krunner. According to #584522, libdbus in the
unstable repository is too old. Installing the one from experimental
fixes the crashes -- just for your info.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert --- http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~fm3

Diederik de Haas 01-04-2011 03:51 PM

krunner crashes

On Tuesday 04 January 2011 15:45:36 Frank Mehnert wrote:
> I'm using KDE 4 with Debian/unstable for some weeks now and observe
> accident crashes of krunner. According to #584522, libdbus in the
> unstable repository is too old. Installing the one from experimental
> fixes the crashes -- just for your info.

Is the proper way to upgrade that
aptitude install '~i?source-package(dbus)'/experimental ?
Or should I only upgrade libdbus-1-3?

Thanks in advance,
Diederik

Frank Mehnert 01-04-2011 08:23 PM

krunner crashes

On Tuesday 04 January 2011 17:51:06 Diederik de Haas wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 January 2011 15:45:36 Frank Mehnert wrote:
> > I'm using KDE 4 with Debian/unstable for some weeks now and observe
> > accident crashes of krunner. According to #584522, libdbus in the
> > unstable repository is too old. Installing the one from experimental
> > fixes the crashes -- just for your info.
>
> Is the proper way to upgrade that
> aptitude install '~i?source-package(dbus)'/experimental ?
> Or should I only upgrade libdbus-1-3?

Here it was sufficient to upgrade libdbus-1-3 to version 1.4.1-1.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert --- http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~fm3

Modestas Vainius 01-04-2011 08:30 PM

krunner crashes

Hello,

On antradienis 04 Sausis 2011 23:23:09 Frank Mehnert wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 January 2011 17:51:06 Diederik de Haas wrote:
> > On Tuesday 04 January 2011 15:45:36 Frank Mehnert wrote:
> > > I'm using KDE 4 with Debian/unstable for some weeks now and observe
> > > accident crashes of krunner. According to #584522, libdbus in the
> > > unstable repository is too old. Installing the one from experimental
> > > fixes the crashes -- just for your info.
> >
> > Is the proper way to upgrade that
> > aptitude install '~i?source-package(dbus)'/experimental ?
> > Or should I only upgrade libdbus-1-3?
>
> Here it was sufficient to upgrade libdbus-1-3 to version 1.4.1-1.

I would suggest against partial upgrades. That aptitude is fine. I have been
running dbus from experimental for months now, no regressions as far as I can
tell.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>

Paul Gideon Dann 04-19-2012 12:44 PM

KRunner crashes

Hi Guys,

Has anyone else been experiencing krunner and screen locker crashes these last
few days in KDE?

Paul

atilla ontas 04-19-2012 12:54 PM

KRunner crashes

19 Nisan 2012 15:44 tarihinde Paul Gideon Dann <pdgiddie@gmail.com> yazd─▒:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Has anyone else been experiencing krunner and screen locker crashes these last
> few days in KDE?
>
> Paul

I didn't catch which it is but i' m getting "commandline" tool crash
report every KDE startup since few days; i guess it is krunner?

Maciej Sitarz 04-19-2012 12:56 PM

KRunner crashes

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29467

Best regards
--
Maciej Sitarz

Jayesh Badwaik 04-19-2012 02:05 PM

KRunner crashes

On Thursday 19 Apr 2012 13:44:35 Paul Gideon Dann wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Has anyone else been experiencing krunner and screen locker crashes these
> last few days in KDE?
>
> Paul

Downgrade qt to fix it for now. Seems to be a problem due to a bug from gcc-4.7
probably.

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29517

--
Jayesh Badwaik

Paul Gideon Dann 04-19-2012 02:18 PM

KRunner crashes

On Thursday 19 Apr 2012 19:35:31 Jayesh Badwaik wrote:
> Downgrade qt to fix it for now. Seems to be a problem due to a bug from
> gcc-4.7 probably.
>
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29517

Thanks; that's done the trick for now.
Paul

Jayesh Badwaik 04-19-2012 08:41 PM

KRunner crashes

On Thursday 19 Apr 2012 14:56:31 Maciej Sitarz wrote:
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29467
>
> Best regards

I saw this post before but did not save it. I searched for it later while
posting my answer, but could not find it neither on google nor anywhere else.

Thanks

--
Jayesh Badwaik