FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian KDE

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-27-2010, 04:15 PM
godo
 
Default sid network-manager-kde can't processed password

Hi all,
I have this problem on my sid box for some time.
network-manager-kde can scan wifi networks and when i chose my router he
detect right encryption (WPA/WPA2), I type my password, click OK button
and everything seems fine.


But when i click on network-manager-kde icon and then on the my wifi
connection he open again password dialog with good password written in,
when I click Ok nothing happens.

If I don't have password protected router he can connect.

On my other box (squeeze) it works correct.

Can somebody tell me how can I investigate problem?

Thanks in advance.
--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic
Hrvatski: www.dobosevic.com
English: www.dobosevic.com/en/
Registered Linux User #503414


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4CC85039.90200@dobosevic.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CC85039.90200@dobosevic.com
 
Old 10-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Modestas Vainius
 
Default sid network-manager-kde can't processed password

Hello,

On trečiadienis 27 Spalis 2010 19:15:53 godo wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have this problem on my sid box for some time.
> network-manager-kde can scan wifi networks and when i chose my router he
> detect right encryption (WPA/WPA2), I type my password, click OK button
> and everything seems fine.
>
> But when i click on network-manager-kde icon and then on the my wifi
> connection he open again password dialog with good password written in,
> when I click Ok nothing happens.
> If I don't have password protected router he can connect.

Install plasma-widget-networkmanagement and use it instead of network-manager-
kde.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>
 
Old 10-27-2010, 05:14 PM
godo
 
Default sid network-manager-kde can't processed password

On 10/27/2010 06:53 PM, Modestas Vainius wrote:

Hello,

On trečiadienis 27 Spalis 2010 19:15:53 godo wrote:

Hi all,
I have this problem on my sid box for some time.
network-manager-kde can scan wifi networks and when i chose my router he
detect right encryption (WPA/WPA2), I type my password, click OK button
and everything seems fine.

But when i click on network-manager-kde icon and then on the my wifi
connection he open again password dialog with good password written in,
when I click Ok nothing happens.
If I don't have password protected router he can connect.


Install plasma-widget-networkmanagement and use it instead of network-manager-
kde.


Thanks for replay,
I installed plasma-widget-networkmanagement but the problem remained.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic
Hrvatski: www.dobosevic.com
English: www.dobosevic.com/en/
Registered Linux User #503414


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4CC85DEE.2030701@dobosevic.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CC85DEE.2030701@dobosevic.com
 
Old 10-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Modestas Vainius
 
Default sid network-manager-kde can't processed password

Help,

On trečiadienis 27 Spalis 2010 20:14:22 godo wrote:
> On 10/27/2010 06:53 PM, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On trečiadienis 27 Spalis 2010 19:15:53 godo wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >> I have this problem on my sid box for some time.
> >> network-manager-kde can scan wifi networks and when i chose my router he
> >> detect right encryption (WPA/WPA2), I type my password, click OK button
> >> and everything seems fine.
> >>
> >> But when i click on network-manager-kde icon and then on the my wifi
> >> connection he open again password dialog with good password written in,
> >> when I click Ok nothing happens.
> >> If I don't have password protected router he can connect.
> >
> > Install plasma-widget-networkmanagement and use it instead of
> > network-manager- kde.
>
> Thanks for replay,
> I installed plasma-widget-networkmanagement but the problem remained.

Not just WPA/WPA2 is important. Invalid TKIP/AES setting might also be an
issue here.


--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>
 
Old 10-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Johannes Zarl
 
Default sid network-manager-kde can't processed password

Hi,

> >> network-manager-kde can scan wifi networks and when i chose my router he
> >> detect right encryption (WPA/WPA2), I type my password, click OK button
> >> and everything seems fine.
> >>
> >> But when i click on network-manager-kde icon and then on the my wifi
> >> connection he open again password dialog with good password written in,
> >> when I click Ok nothing happens.

I just recently went from a wired connection to wifi, and experienced the same
problem. Connecting with wpa_cupplicant+dhclient manually works as expected,
and the kde network-manager gui shows my network in the scan, but silently
fails to connect...

> > Install plasma-widget-networkmanagement and use it instead of
> > network-manager- kde.
>
> Thanks for replay,
> I installed plasma-widget-networkmanagement but the problem remained.

Tried this as well, same result...

Do you have a long passphrase for your WPA2-PSK? The following bug could
possibly be related:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=593988

Cheers,
Johannes


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201010272021.03858.zarl_jo@gmx.at">http://lists.debian.org/201010272021.03858.zarl_jo@gmx.at
 
Old 10-27-2010, 08:52 PM
godo
 
Default sid network-manager-kde can't processed password

On 10/27/2010 08:21 PM, Johannes Zarl wrote:

Hi,


network-manager-kde can scan wifi networks and when i chose my router he
detect right encryption (WPA/WPA2), I type my password, click OK button
and everything seems fine.

But when i click on network-manager-kde icon and then on the my wifi
connection he open again password dialog with good password written in,
when I click Ok nothing happens.


I just recently went from a wired connection to wifi, and experienced the same
problem. Connecting with wpa_cupplicant+dhclient manually works as expected,
and the kde network-manager gui shows my network in the scan, but silently
fails to connect...


Install plasma-widget-networkmanagement and use it instead of
network-manager- kde.


Thanks for replay,
I installed plasma-widget-networkmanagement but the problem remained.


Tried this as well, same result...

Do you have a long passphrase for your WPA2-PSK? The following bug could
possibly be related:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=593988

Cheers,
Johannes



No, just 14 without special characters.
It looks that it is bug.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic
Hrvatski: www.dobosevic.com
English: www.dobosevic.com/en/
Registered Linux User #503414


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4CC890FE.5000305@dobosevic.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CC890FE.5000305@dobosevic.com
 
Old 10-27-2010, 08:53 PM
godo
 
Default sid network-manager-kde can't processed password

Not just WPA/WPA2 is important. Invalid TKIP/AES setting might also be an
issue here.


I don't see in kde network manager options for that. There is only:
WPA/WPA2 Enterprise, WPA/WPA2 Personal, etc. and under WPA/WPA2 Personal
it is only text fild for password. Do you have it?


Any way squeeze box works normal with same config.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic
Hrvatski: www.dobosevic.com
English: www.dobosevic.com/en/
Registered Linux User #503414


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4CC8914C.8020203@dobosevic.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CC8914C.8020203@dobosevic.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:29 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org