Old 10-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Kai Xin

Default simple question

Hi,

*

I am programmer of QT at window environment for few years
and know c/c++ many years. I like it a lot and want to expand into linux. My
use of linux will be server for small business and remote access by either web
application, client-server application, and vpn remote desktop. I heard good
comments on debian package for server performance and found your group for
kde/qt. I will install my first linux over an old dell (only 6 year old). I
have used linux file server in command line. I like the command line and ssh
access with scripting language. My plan for this server/desktop is my own file
server (secure must), development environment for c/c++ with Qt, remote access
to database postgresql with c/c++ and web application, remote desktop to use my
own application when travel, etc.

*

Am I making good decision on this?

*