Old 09-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Dietz Pröpper

Default Problem with system settings

George Kiagiadakis:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Dietz Pröpper <dietz@rotfl.franken.de>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after spending some days with kde 4.5.1 I went back to the versions
> > from unstable.
> >
> > Since then (I think) my system settings are missing several items,
> > most notably audio settings and nepomuk settings. I can still reach
> > them from amarok or the nepomuk system tray icon.
> >
> > Any idea?
> > Dietz
>
> Try kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental from the command line (as a user,
> NOT as root).

Already tried - but without success. It spits out quite some stuff about
unknown mime types btw.

regards,
Dietz

Old 10-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Dietz Pröpper

George Kiagiadakis:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Dietz Pröpper <dietz@rotfl.franken.de>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after spending some days with kde 4.5.1 I went back to the versions
> > from unstable.
> >
> > Since then (I think) my system settings are missing several items,
> > most notably audio settings and nepomuk settings. I can still reach
> > them from amarok or the nepomuk system tray icon.
> >
> > Any idea?
> > Dietz
>
> Try kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental from the command line (as a user,
> NOT as root).

Now I created an new user account, but can not see the tabs mentioned
too...

regards,
Dietz

Old 10-02-2010, 12:01 PM
George Kiagiadakis

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Dietz Pröpper <dietz@rotfl.franken.de> wrote:
> George Kiagiadakis:
>> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Dietz Pröpper <dietz@rotfl.franken.de>
> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > after spending some days with kde 4.5.1 I went back to the versions
>> > from unstable.
>> >
>> > Since then (I think) my system settings are missing several items,
>> > most notably audio settings and nepomuk settings. I can still reach
>> > them from amarok or the nepomuk system tray icon.
>> >
>> > Any idea?
>> > * * * *Dietz
>>
>> Try kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental from the command line (as a user,
>> NOT as root).
>
> Now I created an new user account, but can not see the tabs mentioned
> too...

I think you have not downgraded completely all the relevant packages.
Check the versions again...

Old 10-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Dietz Pröpper

George Kiagiadakis:
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Dietz Pröpper <dietz@rotfl.franken.de>
wrote:
> > George Kiagiadakis:
> >> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Dietz Pröpper
> >> <dietz@rotfl.franken.de>

> >> Try kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental from the command line (as a user,
> >> NOT as root).
> >
> > Now I created an new user account, but can not see the tabs mentioned
> > too...
>
> I think you have not downgraded completely all the relevant packages.
> Check the versions again...

Thx alot, that did the trick...