-   -   Nepomuk always indexing at the beginning of every session (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/428197-nepomuk-always-indexing-beginning-every-session.html)

Valerio Passini 09-17-2010 08:23 AM

Nepomuk always indexing at the beginning of every session

Hello, I would like to know if Nepomuk is misbehaving and if this is
happening only to me. At every new session, nepomuk starts indexing the
configured folders, even if no change has been made in them and the
database has data inside (i.e. it's possible to do a search and retrieve
results). Considering that the indexing process is very heavy on CPU,
this is really boring and at least a complete waste of resources.
Should I purge the database and start a new one? Is this a design flow?
Should I do a bugreport to nepomuk?
At the moment I run Sid with the KDE 4.5.1 packages available in the
semi-official repository.

Andreas Bourges 09-17-2010 08:26 AM

Nepomuk always indexing at the beginning of every session

Hi,

...I observe the same behaviour. Every morning my Laptop goes nuts after
logging in. This takes about 10 minutes, then everything is normal again. I
saw the nepomuk process in the process-list, too...

Andy

Arthur Marsh 09-18-2010 11:08 PM

[...]

How does one disable nepomuk from starting?

I don't like programs deciding that they can run automatically without
being nice'd.

Arthur.

Valerio Passini 09-19-2010 12:00 AM

Alle domenica 19 settembre 2010, Arthur Marsh ha scritto:

> How does one disable nepomuk from starting?
>
> I don't like programs deciding that they can run automatically
> without being nice'd.
>
> Arthur.

From system-settings -> Desktop Search. Uncheck where you can find
Enable semantic desktop...

Vale

Arthur Marsh 09-19-2010 04:27 AM

Nepomuk always indexing at the beginning of every session