-   -   KDE 4.5.1: Can't exit KDE with keyboard anymore (with Lancelot) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/425583-kde-4-5-1-cant-exit-kde-keyboard-anymore-lancelot.html)

Diederik de Haas 09-10-2010 11:59 PM

KDE 4.5.1: Can't exit KDE with keyboard anymore (with Lancelot)

Hello,

Tonight I upgraded to KDE 4.5.1 and now I can't logout/shutdown/etc with the keyboard anymore.
Through Alt+F5 I bring up the Lancelot menu and then with Alt+L I get the Leave menu popup
containing Logout/Reboot/Shutdown/SuspendToDisk/SuspendToRam options, which I could previously
navigate with the array keys or the shortcut key (Alt+S for Shutdown).
That doesn't work anymore and Alt+S now types 's' in the search function of the Lancelot menu.
The only way to invoke Shutdown is to use my mouse for that final stage.

Regards,
Diederik

George Kiagiadakis 09-11-2010 09:09 AM

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Diederik de Haas <didi.debian@cknow.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Tonight I upgraded to KDE 4.5.1 and now I can't logout/shutdown/etc with the keyboard anymore.
> Through Alt+F5 I bring up the Lancelot menu and then with Alt+L I get the Leave menu popup
> containing Logout/Reboot/Shutdown/SuspendToDisk/SuspendToRam options, which I could previously
> navigate with the array keys or the shortcut key (Alt+S for Shutdown).
> That doesn't work anymore and Alt+S now types 's' in the search function of the Lancelot menu.
> The only way to invoke Shutdown is to use my mouse for that final stage.
>
> Regards,
> *Diederik

That doesn't sound like a packaging bug to me, please report it upstream.

Thanks,
George

Diederik de Haas 09-11-2010 08:47 PM

On Saturday 11 September 2010 11:09:36 George Kiagiadakis wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Diederik de Haas <didi.debian@cknow.org> wrote:
> > Tonight I upgraded to KDE 4.5.1 and now I can't logout/shutdown/etc with
> > the keyboard anymore.
> That doesn't sound like a packaging bug to me, please report it upstream.

Will do.

Can someone confirm my findings, so I know it's not a local issue?

Diederik