Old 09-10-2010, 11:02 AM
George Kiagiadakis

Default Upgrade to 4.5.1 breaks kdiff3

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Mario Galanti <mario.galanti@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all, thank you for the packaging of KDE SC 4.5.1! I installed it
> this morning and up to now it's running great!
> As the subject says, I'm having a problem with kdiff3. The upgrade to 4.5.1
> breaks one of its dependencies:

Hello,

I am aware of that. However, I tried to rebuild it with kdelibs 4.5.1
and it failed to build. Apparently this is an upstream kdiff3 issue. I
may have a look at that, but I don't promise I will fix it.

Regards,
George

Old 09-10-2010, 02:23 PM
André Wöbbeking

Hi,

On Friday 10 September 2010, George Kiagiadakis wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Mario Galanti <mario.galanti@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > first of all, thank you for the packaging of KDE SC 4.5.1! I installed it
> > this morning and up to now it's running great!
> > As the subject says, I'm having a problem with kdiff3. The upgrade to
> > 4.5.1
>
> > breaks one of its dependencies:
> Hello,
>
> I am aware of that. However, I tried to rebuild it with kdelibs 4.5.1
> and it failed to build. Apparently this is an upstream kdiff3 issue. I
> may have a look at that, but I don't promise I will fix it.

Which version did you build, a released tar ball or from KDE's repository? In
the latter I only found one change after the last tar ball was released,
regarding creating translations.

Cheers,
André

Old 09-10-2010, 04:39 PM
George Kiagiadakis

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 5:23 PM, André Wöbbeking <list@onlinehome.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 10 September 2010, George Kiagiadakis wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Mario Galanti <mario.galanti@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > first of all, thank you for the packaging of KDE SC 4.5.1! I installed it
>> > this morning and up to now it's running great!
>> > As the subject says, I'm having a problem with kdiff3. The upgrade to
>> > 4.5.1
>>
>> > breaks one of its dependencies:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am aware of that. However, I tried to rebuild it with kdelibs 4.5.1
>> and it failed to build. Apparently this is an upstream kdiff3 issue. I
>> may have a look at that, but I don't promise I will fix it.
>
> Which version did you build, a released tar ball or from KDE's repository? In
> the latter I only found one change after the last tar ball was released,
> regarding creating translations.

I used whatever is in the archive. I used apt-get source kdiff3 to get
it. The build issue is indeed something to do with translations, so
maybe this change fixes it. I will check it out later.

Regards,
George

Old 09-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Frederik Schwarzer

[George Kiagiadakis - Freitag 10 September 2010 18:39:56]
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 5:23 PM, André Wöbbeking <list@onlinehome.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Friday 10 September 2010, George Kiagiadakis wrote:

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am aware of that. However, I tried to rebuild it with kdelibs 4.5.1
> >> and it failed to build. Apparently this is an upstream kdiff3 issue. I
> >> may have a look at that, but I don't promise I will fix it.
> >
> > Which version did you build, a released tar ball or from KDE's repository? In
> > the latter I only found one change after the last tar ball was released,
> > regarding creating translations.
> >

> I used whatever is in the archive. I used apt-get source kdiff3 to get
> it. The build issue is indeed something to do with translations, so
> maybe this change fixes it. I will check it out later.

KDiff3 from SVN builds fine here with KDE 4.5.1.

Regards

Old 09-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Xavier Brochard

Mario Galanti wrote:
> As the subject says, I'm having a problem with kdiff3. The upgrade to
> 4.5.1 breaks one of its dependencies:

another workaround is to use the kdiff3-qt version which doesn't depend on
kde libs

xavier