Old 09-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer

Default No decoration on Dolphin with KDE4 + Compiz + Smaragd

On Jue 09 Sep 2010 20:57:32 Edson Marquezani Filho escribió:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I would like to ask you for a little help, please.
>
> One thing I always liked on KDE 4 was the built-in 3D effects from
> Compiz/Beryl.

No, KDE does not get it's effects from Compiz/Beryl, it's kwin itself wich
does the effects.

Try disabling Compyz/Beryl and enabling KDE effects in system settings.

Regards, Lisandro.

--
You don’t marry someone you can live with – you marry the person who you
cannot live without.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/

Old 09-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Edson Marquezani Filho

> No, KDE does not get it's effects from Compiz/Beryl, it's kwin itself wich
> does the effects.
>
> Try disabling Compyz/Beryl and enabling KDE effects in system settings.

Yes, I know KDE has its own window manager that implements the
eyecandies for itself . I said "from Compiz" meaning that KDE took
the features from Compiz/Beryl project (I guess), as it seems to be
the exact same set of effects.

Anyway, I would like to keep Compiz rather than Kwin, at least for
now, as it seems to perform better (just my own impression here, ok?),
and even to try for sometime and see if it fits well to me.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Xavier Brochard

Edson Marquezani Filho wrote:
> So, here I am, with my KDE almost the way I wanted it, with Compiz +
> Smaragd, but - and here comes the actual problem - **without any
> decoration on Dolphin**, and only on Dolphin. As far as I could see
> here, any other QT4 applications are ok, except for him.

some ideas:

Is there something in your personal ~.xsession-errors? and in your compiz's
log?
Is there error message when Dolphin is launched from the shell?
Did you install debug packages (named *-dbg)?
I would also check if every component of Dolphin are up to date.

xavier