Old 09-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Edson Marquezani Filho

Default No decoration on Dolphin with KDE4 + Compiz + Smaragd

Hello everyone.

I would like to ask you for a little help, please.

One thing I always liked on KDE 4 was the built-in 3D effects from
Compiz/Beryl. Well, although I have been using it for a while, I have
never achieved a good performance, as I think it could be. Quite some
time has passed since then and now I decided to try Compiz with Gnome.
It seemed to have a better performance to me, so I wanted to try it
with KDE, and it worked.

Well, after it, I decided to go further, and bring Emerald Window
Decorator to my desktop as well. I found out that Emerald is not
actually compatible with KDE4, but I became aware of Smaragd, a native
KDE4 window decoration theme (kind of a wrapper for Emerald on KDE4 or
something like it), which would do the job (and it really does!).

So, here I am, with my KDE almost the way I wanted it, with Compiz +
Smaragd, but - and here comes the actual problem - **without any
decoration on Dolphin**, and only on Dolphin. As far as I could see
here, any other QT4 applications are ok, except for him.

Does anybody guess what might be the problem?

Thank you for your attention.