Old 08-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Diederik de Haas

Default KMyMoney 4.5

Hello,

Today I got a msg that KMyMoney 4.5 was released, which completes the transition to the KDE4
platform.
Is there a chance that it will appear in the archives anytime soon or will it have to wait till the
freeze is over and Squeeze is released?

And since it's Debian Appreciation Day:
A big THANK YOU for the Debian KDE team for all their hard and great work!

Diederik

Old 08-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Diederik de Haas

On Monday 16 August 2010 23:30:16 Diederik de Haas wrote:
> Today I got a msg that KMyMoney 4.5 was released, which completes the
> transition to the KDE4 platform.
> Is there a chance that it will appear in the archives anytime soon or will
> it have to wait till the freeze is over and Squeeze is released?

Sorry for my poor choice of words.

I know that KDE SC 4.5 won't be made available (in unstable/testing) before the freeze is over.
But other than the version number, I think that KMyMoney 4.5 does not have many
correlation/dependency to KDE SC 4.5.
So it may be that KMM 4.5 does make it to the archives before the freeze is over and I hope someone
could answer that.

Regards,
Diederik

Old 08-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Mark Purcell

On Sunday 22 August 2010 07:38:00 Diederik de Haas wrote:
> On Monday 16 August 2010 23:30:16 Diederik de Haas wrote:
> > Today I got a msg that KMyMoney 4.5 was released, which completes the

I'm Planning on uploading kmymoney 4.5 to experimental in the next few days.

It won't be able to be uploaded to squeeze and it is undesirable to upload to unstable, until squeeze is released.

Mark

Old 08-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Alvaro Soliverez

Can't you make an exception?
Otherwise you will ship squeeze with a version that requires KDE3
libs, and we won't support it nowhere near as long as the squeeze
lifecycle.

Regards,
Alvaro

KMyMoney Team

Old 08-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Mark Purcell

On Sunday 22 August 2010 09:35:56 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Can't you make an exception?
> Otherwise you will ship squeeze with a version that requires KDE3
> libs, and we won't support it nowhere near as long as the squeeze
> lifecycle.

Unfortunately not.

The freeze is frozen and we can't do much more than backport bug fixes.

Uploading to experimental now..

Mark

Old 08-22-2010, 01:05 AM
Alvaro Soliverez

Is squeeze even going to have kde3 libs and some way to configure the
kde3 settings on it?

I don't want to replay the case as with ubuntu, having to dig through
websites to find the required packages that had been removed from the
standard repositories.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:39 AM
Rohan Garg

Hi*AlvaroIll be taking care of the Ubuntu package, since this package has no modifications whatsoever from our side, ill request a sync today itself. Ill have to break Feature Freeze, but everyone else has agreed to this.

RegardsRohan Garg

Old 08-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Mark Purcell

On Sunday 22 August 2010 11:05:20 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Is squeeze even going to have kde3 libs and some way to configure the
> kde3 settings on it?

Alvaro,

Which kde3 libs do you see kmymoney 3.98 depending on? We have built it against lots of KDE 4.4 libs.

I can't see it needing any from squeeze:

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/kmymoney

Mark

Old 08-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Alvaro Soliverez

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Mark Purcell <msp@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 22 August 2010 11:05:20 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>> Is squeeze even going to have kde3 libs and some way to configure the
>> kde3 settings on it?
>
> Alvaro,
>
> Which kde3 libs do you see kmymoney 3.98 depending on? *We have built it against lots of KDE 4.4 libs.
>
> I can't see it needing any from squeeze:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/kmymoney
>
> Mark

I meant version 1.0.5.

KMyMoney 3.98 was a release candidate. I would definitively not want
that on a stable version. And the changes between 3.98 and 4.5 are
huge, so we have stopped supporting it.

Regards,
Alvaro

Old 08-24-2010, 09:26 PM
kap4lin

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Alvaro Soliverez <asoliverez@kde.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Mark Purcell <msp@debian.org> wrote:
>> On Sunday 22 August 2010 11:05:20 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>>> Is squeeze even going to have kde3 libs and some way to configure the
>>> kde3 settings on it?
>>
>> Alvaro,
>>
>> Which kde3 libs do you see kmymoney 3.98 depending on? *We have built it against lots of KDE 4.4 libs.
>>
>> I can't see it needing any from squeeze:
>>
>> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/kmymoney
>>
>> Mark
>>

> I meant version 1.0.5.
>
> KMyMoney 3.98 was a release candidate. I would definitively not want
> that on a stable version. And the changes between 3.98 and 4.5 are
> huge, so we have stopped supporting it.
>
> Regards,
> Alvaro

I am a regular user of KMM and Debian/sid and I don't forsee using the
Squeeze. Given that, my 2 cents: do not include KMM 3.98 in Squeeze at
all and, assuming it compiles fine against KDE SC 4.4.5, provide it in
the backports.

--
Regards
Kap4Lin