-   -   Help building KDE SC 4.5 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/413252-help-building-kde-sc-4-5-a.html)

Cassiano Leal 08-15-2010 05:48 PM

Help building KDE SC 4.5

Hi,

Is there a place where I can get help building KDE SC 4.5 in a current
sid system?

I know that it will not make it into squeeze and I agree with the
reasoning behind the decision. Nonetheless, I would really like to
have it on my desktop.

If I can get some help on how to get started, I will probably post a
tutorial or write some articles about the experience -- and if
possible, collaborate somehow with the future official packaging of
4.5.

Thanks for your help,
Cassiano Leal

Steven Crooks 08-15-2010 06:08 PM

Help building KDE SC 4.5

On Sunday 15 August 2010 19:48:54 Cassiano Leal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a place where I can get help building KDE SC 4.5 in a current
> sid system?
>
> I know that it will not make it into squeeze and I agree with the
> reasoning behind the decision. Nonetheless, I would really like to
> have it on my desktop.
>
> If I can get some help on how to get started, I will probably post a
> tutorial or write some articles about the experience -- and if
> possible, collaborate somehow with the future official packaging of
> 4.5.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Cassiano Leal

You may want to have a look here -> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started

Cheers,
Steve

George Kiagiadakis 08-15-2010 06:27 PM

Help building KDE SC 4.5

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM, Cassiano Leal <cassianoleal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a place where I can get help building KDE SC 4.5 in a current
> sid system?
>
> I know that it will not make it into squeeze and I agree with the
> reasoning behind the decision. Nonetheless, I would really like to
> have it on my desktop.
>
> If I can get some help on how to get started, I will probably post a
> tutorial or write some articles about the experience -- and if
> possible, collaborate somehow with the future official packaging of
> 4.5.

If you are interested in building kde 4.5 packages and helping with
the official packaging, come and find us on irc (#debian-qt-kde on
irc.debian.org). If you want just to build kde 4.5 (without making
packages), you could find some tutorials on techbase.kde.org.

Regards,
George