Old 08-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Martin Steigerwald

Default Debug information in KDE applications like Digikam

Hi!

Michael Welle asked on debian-user-german why there are so many debug
messages when he does start Digikam on the console. He deactivated
debugging output in kdebugdialog, but still gets those.

For a supposedly stable version at least when he has the current package
2:1.2.0-6.

Does such kind of observation hint at a bug? If so, where should it be
reported? Or is that much debug output normal behavior?

Since I am not sure, whether its okay to cc debian-user-german here I did
not. I will forward the answer there instead.

Hmmm, I didn't get that much debug output:

martin@shambhala:~> digikam
Time elapsed: 259 ms
Time elapsed: 5 ms
close(34) in netlib_connectsock()
Model: Time elapsed: 364 ms
TextureColorizer: Time elapsed: 145 ms
Time elapsed: 19 ms
close(40) in netlib_connectsock()
Time elapsed: 10 ms
Model: Time elapsed: 49 ms
Warning: Directory Minolta, entry 0x0088: Data area exceeds data buffer,
ignoring it.
digikam(8959)/digikam (core): ThumbnailLoadThread::load: No thumbnail size
specified. Refusing to load thumbnail.
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection
'digikamDatabase-164613480' is still in use, all queries will cease to
work.
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection
'digikamDatabase-164317592' is still in use, all queries will cease to
work.
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection
'thumbnailDatabase-164317592' is still in use, all queries will cease to
work.
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection
'digikamDatabase-161257472' is still in use, all queries will cease to
work.

But now I ask anyway .

Ciao,