Old 07-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Alexander Wolf

Default INDI

Hello!

I'm don't find package INDI in Squeeze (KDE 4.4.4) - only for KDE 3.5.9
in Lenny. Who is maintained this package?

--
With best regards, Alexander Wolf

Old 07-29-2010, 08:05 AM
"JD. Brown"

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Alexander Wolf <wmaster@uni-altai.ru> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm don't find package INDI in Squeeze (KDE 4.4.4) - only for KDE 3.5.9 in
> Lenny. Who is maintained this package?
>
> --
> With best regards, Alexander Wolf

The maintainers for the INDI package are located to the right on this web page:

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/indi

The homepage to the INDI package is on this page:

http://edu.kde.org/

A little bit more insight on this page:

http://www.indilib.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

JD. Brown

Linux User # 375995 - http://counter.li.org/

Debian - http://www.debian.org/intro/about

Old 07-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Gerrit Jan Baarda

Hello JD

> Lenny. Who is maintained this package?

> --

> With best regards, Alexander Wolf

The maintainers for the INDI package are located to the right on this web page:

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/indi

I think Alexander was hoping to find maintainers for*current indi. It seems to be abandoned in debian with the change to KDE4.

There are ubuntu packages available (*http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/libindi0*)*but there is no equivalent for debian Squeeze/Sid.*

Yours,
Gerrit Jan.*

Old 07-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Gerrit Jan Baarda

Hello Alexander ,
On Thursday 29 July 2010 09:28 you wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm don't find package INDI in Squeeze (KDE 4.4.4) - only for KDE 3.5.9
> in Lenny. Who is maintained this package?

I found I could compile the sources on sourceforge for debian without much
trouble on Sid, the upstream author provides ./debian build directories that
only require minor changes to the ./debian/control file.

However I have not managed to build a version of kstars that actually uses
libindi0, where the Devices... menu is available.

Yours,
Gerrit Jan.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Sune Vuorela

On 2010-07-29, Gerrit Jan Baarda <gerritjan@baarda.eu> wrote:
>> The maintainers for the INDI package are located to the right on this web
>> page:
>>
>> http://packages.debian.org/lenny/indi
>>
> I think Alexander was hoping to find maintainers for *current* indi. It
> seems to be abandoned in debian with the change to KDE4.

Hi

This is not the only request I have recieved for indi, and I think it
would be a worthy addition to debian. It just needs someone who actually
has possibility to test it, and to package it.

I will happily make kstars use it, once in debian.

/Sune