Old 07-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Marcus Better

Default KDE 4.5: synaptics touchpad settings wrong

Old 07-27-2010, 02:08 AM
Jack Ammo

How did you get 4.5?

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/i2kuc1$9ok$1@dough.gmane.org

Old 07-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Sune Vuorela

On 2010-07-26, Marcus Better <marcus@better.se> wrote:
> I solved it by looking at the system settings module for keyboard/mouse,
> which has a touchpad config page. The MaxSpeed parameter was set to 0, so
> that explains the lack of movement (my system default is 1.0).

the touchpad configuration is afaik new in kde4.5. (and we ship it as
kde-config-touchpad seperately)

> How did this happen? KDE bug or Debian?

kde4.5 isn't in debian.

> Another question: I want an AccelFactor of 0.005, but I can only specify two
> decimals in the settings dialog.

bugs.ko

/Sune

Old 07-27-2010, 07:27 AM
Modestas Vainius

Hello,

On antradienis 27 Liepa 2010 00:23:03 Marcus Better wrote:
> After upgrading to KDE 4.5, the Synaptics touchad on my Thinkpad T61 seemed
> to be disabled right after logging in. I could not control the pointer with
> the touchpad, but the buttons did work.

If you've upgraded to KDE 4.5, you are not using Debian or you're using self-
compiled KDE / some private unofficial packages. In either case, this list is
not the right channel to ask for support about it.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>

Old 07-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Marcus Better