Old 07-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Nima Azarbayjany

Default KDE proxy settings

Hi all,

I have a recent Squeeze install on my laptop with only Gnome desktop and
a few KDE software such as Amarok. I have installed the systemsettings
package but it does not provide any options to set network proxy
settings. What additional packages should be installed to provide that
module for the control center of KDE? I tried kdenetwork (if I remember
the package name correctly) which seemed to be the most relevant thing
to me but it did not help.

Thanks.

Nima

Old 08-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Nima Azarbayjany

Archive: 4C5840FC.8090707@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4C5840FC.8090707@gmail.com

Old 08-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Camaleón

On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 20:47:00 +0430, Nima Azarbayjany wrote:

> I have a recent Squeeze install on my laptop with only Gnome desktop and
> a few KDE software such as Amarok. I have installed the systemsettings
> package but it does not provide any options to set network proxy
> settings. What additional packages should be installed to provide that
> module for the control center of KDE? I tried kdenetwork (if I remember
> the package name correctly) which seemed to be the most relevant thing
> to me but it did not help.

Not sure if this will work but... have you tried to launch Amarok by
passing before the proxy settings? :-?

Something like:

***
http_proxy="your_proxy_settings_here" amarok
***

Also, take a look into this article:

***
Configure Proxy for Amarok on GNOME