Old 07-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Kete F

Default how to install KDE 3.5.10

Hello,
This page, http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde3.html tells to install kde-desktop, but that is not a Lenny package as far as I can tell.

Regards,
Kete

Old 07-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Diederik de Haas

On Friday 16 July 2010 04:36:26 Kete F wrote:
> Hello,
> This page, http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde3.html tells to install
> kde-desktop, but that is not a Lenny package as far as I can tell.
>
> Regards,
> Kete

How about package 'kde' ? http://packages.debian.org/lenny/kde
That will install all of kde 3.5.10 (I think).
If you want to start out small and add (meta-)packages to that, kde-core seems like a good starting
point.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:56 AM
Kete F

---- Diederik de Haas <didi.debian@cknow.org> wrote:
> On Friday 16 July 2010 04:36:26 Kete F wrote:
> > Hello,
> > This page, http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde3.html tells to install
> > kde-desktop, but that is not a Lenny package as far as I can tell.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Kete
>
> How about package 'kde' ? http://packages.debian.org/lenny/kde
> That will install all of kde 3.5.10 (I think).
> If you want to start out small and add (meta-)packages to that, kde-core seems like a good starting
> point.

I didn't notice the address was a list. I was just suggesting a correction to the webpage, and I did start out small with kde-core, kdm and every little package that I wanted from several meta-packages (about two dozen). With the dependencies, it only came out to be 411 packages - good times