Old 06-14-2010, 11:25 PM
lrhorer

Default KDM does not manage local display

For some reason, on one of my systems, KDM has stopped managing the
local display. I was doing some tinkering - specifically trying to get
GRUB 2 to work and trying to get rid of all the griping about SYSFS{}
by udev during the boot process, when at some point KDM quit bringing
up its splash screen and login dialogue at the end of the boot sequence
on the local console. It works for XDMCP, but the local console only
displays the text console and the text based Login prompt. I tried
putting things back the way they were before it broke, but it doesn't
seem to have helped. I don't know what I might have changed that
caused this to happen. 'Anyone have any ideas?