Old 06-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Martin Steigerwald

Default digikam not showing images

Hello!

I just fiddled two hours around with Digikam 1.2.0-2, then 1.2.0-5,
downloaded via ISDN, to have it show images of albums again.

It didn't show any images at all.

Rebuilding the database didn't help. Deleting the thumbnail database
didn't help. There was not error message in the GUI. I didn't look in
console output yet.

Anyway, a logout and login again into KDE 4.4.4 helped.

According to what I found on the net this might have been due to that a
certain KIO slave did not run, but it seems to be installed correctly:

shambhala:~> dpkg -L digikam | grep "kio.*album"
/usr/lib/kde4/kio_digikamalbums.so

Did anyone else experience such kind of behavior?

I think thats a major issue. If my father would suddenly see none of the
photos he made in Digikan... I think I will keep him with Lenny unless I
am fully convinved that I can let loose KDE 4 to him.

This message will likely only appear here after I am back home again where
I have DSL. Cause the ISDN setup that was fully working is broken as well
and I do not feel the slightest motivation to fix it once again ATM.

Ciao,

Old 06-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Robert van den Berg

I experienced this as well sometimes. This week once, and I think about half a
year ago. I blamed not restarting kde after Sunday's Squeeze upgrade because
my laptop gave a blank plasma desktop. After Monday's update everything
(including digikam) worked again.

If you want me to look up logfiles let me know in which ones you're interested.

Robert

Old 06-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Martin Steigerwald

Am Mittwoch 16 Juni 2010 schrieb Robert van den Berg:
> I experienced this as well sometimes. This week once, and I think about
> half a year ago. I blamed not restarting kde after Sunday's Squeeze
> upgrade because my laptop gave a blank plasma desktop. After Monday's
> update everything (including digikam) worked again.
>
> If you want me to look up logfiles let me know in which ones you're
> interested.

Thanks for your answer. So it happened at least for one other user here
too.

Should it happen again I will have a look in ~/.xsession-errors and
console output and file a bug report if need be. Unless I decide to do
something more important. Sometimes bugs happen just when I am not in the
mode of reporting them. Especially since I reported a lot of bugs in the
last time I am a bit fed up with it.