Old 06-14-2010, 03:13 AM
"Huang, Tao"

Default Squeeze KDE unusable: no taskbar or decorations, missing shortcut key

try

$ aptitude install plasma-desktop

and see if the panel comes back.

additionally, backup you ~/.kde folder and remove it to make sure
whether this problem was caused by broken config files.

Tao

Old 06-14-2010, 03:33 AM
"Huang, Tao"

you don't go from stable to testing, or from testing to unstable, when
you encounter problems in software packages.
at least you shouldn't offer this as a solution to other users.

Tao

Old 06-14-2010, 05:54 AM
Martin Ågren

On 14 June 2010 01:48, John Varouhakis <johnvarouhakis@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had the same problem on my testing/unstable installation and I solved
> it when I realised that kdelibs5 had not been updated (in my case it was held
> back by kdelibs5-dbg, so upgrading these two simultaneously from unstable,
> solved my problem).

Hmm, I have indeed solved it by running "aptitude update && aptitude
safe-upgrade" which brought in a slew of libkde* stuff and more. I
attempted this while debugging previously, but I guess the mirror
syncs were far apart enough for me to get caught in between.

All in all, another problem that patience would have solved.

Thanks John, and thanks also Jedd and Tao for your input!

Martin