Old 06-13-2010, 06:33 AM

Default connecting to wifi accesspoint..

Dear all,

I have been using Debian squeeze and i am not able to connect to wifi accesspoint. I have lenovo laptop with BCM 4312 wireless card. I have installed BCM driver and I can see wireless extnsions for eth1 on iwconfig command.

But while connecting to wifi, gives an error showing "Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :* SET failed on device eth1 ; Invalid argument"

How to solve this error.

Thanks and regards,
Sudheendra

Old 06-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Boris Bobrov

Hello.
Post here ifconfig -a and lspci.

В сообщении от Воскресенье 13 июня 2010 11:33:02 автор

Old 06-13-2010, 04:10 PM

i can get wireless extension for eth1, but notable to connect to accesspoint.

here is the

ifconfig -a

eth0***** Link encap:Ethernet* HWaddr 00:26:22:02:e0:c2*
********* inet addr:192.168.1.2* Bcast:192.168.1.255* Mask:255.255.255.0
********* inet6 addr: fe80::226:22ff:fe02:e0c2/64 Scope:Link
********* UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST* MTU:1500* Metric:1
********* RX packets:3692 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
********* TX packets:3919 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
********* collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
********* RX bytes:2961684 (2.8 MiB)* TX bytes:633693 (618.8 KiB)
********* Interrupt:17

eth1***** Link encap:Ethernet* HWaddr 00:21:00:fd:7f:72*
********* inet6 addr: fe80::221:ff:fefd:7f72/64 Scope:Link
********* UP BROADCAST MULTICAST* MTU:1500* Metric:1
********* RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
********* TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
********* collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
********* RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)* TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
********* Interrupt:18

lo******* Link encap:Local Loopback*
********* inet addr:127.0.0.1* Mask:255.0.0.0
********* inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
********* UP LOOPBACK RUNNING* MTU:16436* Metric:1
********* RX packets:3795 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
********* TX packets:3795 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
********* collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
********* RX bytes:227740 (222.4 KiB)* TX bytes:227740 (222.4 KiB)

pan0***** Link encap:Ethernet* HWaddr 82:23:6a:da:8d:c3*

pan1***** Link encap:Ethernet* HWaddr c2:0f:af:3f:ad:69*
********* inet addr:10.77.6.1* Bcast:10.77.6.255* Mask:255.255.255.0
********* inet6 addr: fe80::c00f:afff:fe3f:ad69/64 Scope:Link
********* UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST* MTU:1500* Metric:1
********* RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
********* TX packets:688 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
********* collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
********* RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)* TX bytes:112012 (109.3 KiB)

lspci gives following o/p

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 03)
00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03)
00:1a.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 (rev 03)
00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 03)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 3 (rev 03)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 4 (rev 03)
00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 6 (rev 03)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev 93)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation ICH9M LPC Interface Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.6 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) Thermal Subsystem (rev 03)
04:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY (rev 01)
07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (rev 02)
thanks,
sudheendra

Old 06-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Alexander Batischev

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 09:40:29PM +0530, sudheendra.kalgar@gmail.com wrote:
> i can get wireless extension for eth1, but notable to connect to accesspoint.
>
> here is the
>
> ifconfig -a
>
> (...skipped...)
>
> lspci gives following o/p
>
> (...skipped...)
>
> thanks,
> sudheendra
>
> > But while connecting to wifi, gives an error showing "Error for wireless
> > request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :& SET failed on device eth1 ; Invalid
> > argument"

I see you get error for eth1, but I as far as I can see your wireless is at
eth0 - you have IP address 192.168.1.2, which is pretty popular internal
IP-space for routers and accesspoints. Did you set interface name in your
connection program by hands? Maybe you should change it to eth0?

Also, please set up your mail client properly so messages would be sent in
plain text - your previous message contained symbols like &nbsp; and &amp;
which makes it really difficult - if possible at all - to read.

Alexander Batischev

1024D/69093C81
F870 A381 B5F5 D2A1 1B35 4D63 A1A7 1C77 6909 3C81

Old 06-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Facundo Aguilera

El Domingo 13 Junio 2010 03:33:02 sudheendra.kalgar@gmail.com escribi:
> Dear all,
>
> I have been using Debian squeeze and i am not able to connect to wifi
> accesspoint. I have lenovo laptop with BCM 4312 wireless card. I have
> installed BCM driver and I can see wireless extnsions for eth1 on iwconfig
> command.
>
> But while connecting to wifi, gives an error showing "Error for wireless
> request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :&nbsp; SET failed on device eth1 ; Invalid
> argument"
>
> How to solve this error.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Sudheendra

Try with another list, or
http://tinyurl.com/333dvql

Old 06-14-2010, 03:34 PM
xuyuanwei

在 2010-06-13日的 12:03 +0530,sudheendra.kalgar@gmail.com写道:
> e and i am not able to connect to wifi accesspoint. I have lenovo
> laptop with BCM 4312 wireless card. I have installed BCM driver and I
> can see wireless extnsions for eth1 on iwconfig command.
>
> But while connecting to wifi, gives an error showing "Error for
> wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) : SET failed on device eth1 ;
> Invalid argument"

I think it should be the argument "Encode" not supported by the driver.
But in "man iwconfig",there is no "Encode" option,what does it do? If
it's private parameter,you can try "iwpriv" command.

iwpriv - configure optionals (private) parameters of a wireless network
interface

Old 06-14-2010, 03:34 PM
xuyuanwei