Old 06-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Dietz Pröpper

Default Problem with kmail and email filter rules

Hi,

at least since update to kde 4.4. I encounter a little problem
with kmail's email filtering. The filter seems unable to correctly apply
the "address is in address book" condition, means, even mails with
addresses that are in the address book are not caught by the rule.

Can anyone reproduce that?

regards
Dietz

Old 06-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Michael Schuerig

On Saturday 12 June 2010, Dietz Pröpper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at least since update to kde 4.4. I encounter a little problem
> with kmail's email filtering. The filter seems unable to correctly
> apply the "address is in address book" condition, means, even mails
> with addresses that are in the address book are not caught by the
> rule.
>
> Can anyone reproduce that?

Now that you're saying it... Yes, I was wondering, too, why I haven't
seen notifications anymore[*].

Michael
[*] kdialog --title "New mail from" --passivepopup '%{From}' &
--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de

Old 06-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Kevin Krammer

On Saturday, 2010-06-12, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> On Saturday 12 June 2010, Dietz Pröpper wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > at least since update to kde 4.4. I encounter a little problem
> > with kmail's email filtering. The filter seems unable to correctly
> > apply the "address is in address book" condition, means, even mails
> > with addresses that are in the address book are not caught by the
> > rule.
> >
> > Can anyone reproduce that?
>
> Now that you're saying it... Yes, I was wondering, too, why I haven't
> seen notifications anymore[*].

Possible causes:
- addresses not accessible through Akonadi (can easily be checked by running
KAddressBook and looking for the contacts in there)

- Nepomuk Contact Feeder not running. This is one of Akonadi's helper
processes, should have been autostarted. Can be checked by running
"akonadiconsole"

- Nepomuk not running (not sure how to check that)

Cheers,
Kevin

Old 06-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Michael Schuerig

On Saturday 12 June 2010, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday, 2010-06-12, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > On Saturday 12 June 2010, Dietz Pröpper wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > at least since update to kde 4.4. I encounter a little problem
> > > with kmail's email filtering. The filter seems unable to
> > > correctly apply the "address is in address book" condition,
> > > means, even mails with addresses that are in the address book
> > > are not caught by the rule.
> > >
> > > Can anyone reproduce that?
> >
> > Now that you're saying it... Yes, I was wondering, too, why I
> > haven't seen notifications anymore[*].
>
> Possible causes:
> - addresses not accessible through Akonadi (can easily be checked by
> running KAddressBook and looking for the contacts in there)

Well, when I just looked at my Contacts in Kontact, only the names were
shown, not the details. After restarting Kontact, the details are there,
too. I've gotten used to that :-(

> - Nepomuk Contact Feeder not running. This is one of Akonadi's helper
> processes, should have been autostarted. Can be checked by running
> "akonadiconsole"

"Personal Contacts" as well as "Nepomuk Contact Feeder" are running.
There was an unconfigured "akonadi_kbac_resource_0" which I removed as
I'm not using the "Traditional Addressbook".

Michael

Old 06-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Dietz Pröpper

Kevin Krammer:
> On Saturday, 2010-06-12, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > On Saturday 12 June 2010, Dietz Pröpper wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > at least since update to kde 4.4. I encounter a little problem
> > > with kmail's email filtering. The filter seems unable to correctly
> > > apply the "address is in address book" condition, means, even mails
> > > with addresses that are in the address book are not caught by the
> > > rule.
> > >
> > > Can anyone reproduce that?
> >
> > Now that you're saying it... Yes, I was wondering, too, why I haven't
> > seen notifications anymore[*].
>
> Possible causes:
> - addresses not accessible through Akonadi (can easily be checked by
> running KAddressBook and looking for the contacts in there)

I can see them in kaddressbook.

> - Nepomuk Contact Feeder not running. This is one of Akonadi's helper
> processes, should have been autostarted. Can be checked by running
> "akonadiconsole"

Is running.

> - Nepomuk not running (not sure how to check that)

I can see a nepomukserver process.