FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian KDE

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Martin Steigerwald
 
Default JFYI Interesting read on the state of Akonadi for KDE SC 4.5

Hi!

JYFI an interesting read on the state of Akonadi integration for KDE SC
4.5 including the state of KMail 2. According to this KDE 4.5 SC will ship
with KDEPIM 4.4 due to KMail not being ready in time. This has also been
discussed and announced on KDEPIM developer mailing list.

Akonadi Meeting and the KDE SC 4.5 release

http://thomasmcguire.wordpress.com/2010/05/14/akonadi-meeting-and-the-kde-
sc-4-5-release/

Meanwhile I at asked upstream to take care of:

kontact - after upgrade to KDE4.4 akonadi doesn't work
http://bugs.debian.org/583566

Ciao,
--
Martin 'Helios' Steigerwald - http://www.Lichtvoll.de
GPG: 03B0 0D6C 0040 0710 4AFA B82F 991B EAAC A599 84C7
 
Old 06-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Diederik de Haas
 
Default JFYI Interesting read on the state of Akonadi for KDE SC 4.5

On Thursday 03 June 2010 16:49:06 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> kontact - after upgrade to KDE4.4 akonadi doesn't work
> http://bugs.debian.org/583566

Isn't that the same as https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=236538 ?


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201006031702.12463.didi.debian@cknow.org">http://lists.debian.org/201006031702.12463.didi.debian@cknow.org
 
Old 06-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Martin Steigerwald
 
Default JFYI Interesting read on the state of Akonadi for KDE SC 4.5

Am Donnerstag 03 Juni 2010 schrieb Diederik de Haas:
> On Thursday 03 June 2010 16:49:06 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > kontact - after upgrade to KDE4.4 akonadi doesn't work
> > http://bugs.debian.org/583566
>
> Isn't that the same as https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=236538 ?

Hmmm, I interlinked in http://bugs.debian.org/583566 what I think is the
upstream bug specifically regarding the resource agents not found problem.

Actually I do not get anymore why I reported too further bug reports about
this issue.

Well, I just hope it can be fixed before Squeeze. But I think I will follow
Testing anyway, so I won't have to wait, at least for my laptop. The
workstation at work usually follows Debian Stable.

--
Martin 'Helios' Steigerwald - http://www.Lichtvoll.de
GPG: 03B0 0D6C 0040 0710 4AFA B82F 991B EAAC A599 84C7
 
Old 06-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Diederik de Haas
 
Default JFYI Interesting read on the state of Akonadi for KDE SC 4.5

On Thursday 03 June 2010 19:21:23 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Actually I do not get anymore why I reported too further bug reports about
> this issue.

To get the attention of the kde developers?
tbh I'm a bit disappointed about the absence of _any_ reaction to the bugs filed at bugs.kde.org from
each of the bugs that were (also) discussed on this list (apart from Valerio iirc).

> Well, I just hope it can be fixed before Squeeze. But I think I will
> follow Testing anyway, so I won't have to wait, at least for my laptop.
> The workstation at work usually follows Debian Stable.

For me personally it probably doesn't matter, since I follow sid on my pc and testing on my server.
But I hope too that the version shipped with Squeeze will be a good one, since especially newcomers
will start (and stay?) with Debian Stable.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201006040140.13806.didi.debian@cknow.org">http://lists.debian.org/201006040140.13806.didi.debian@cknow.org
 
Old 06-05-2010, 04:54 PM
"Jesús M. Navarro"
 
Default JFYI Interesting read on the state of Akonadi for KDE SC 4.5

Hi, Diederik:

On Friday 04 June 2010 01:40:13 Diederik de Haas wrote:
> On Thursday 03 June 2010 19:21:23 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Actually I do not get anymore why I reported too further bug reports
> > about this issue.
>
> To get the attention of the kde developers?
> tbh I'm a bit disappointed about the absence of _any_ reaction to the bugs
> filed at bugs.kde.org from each of the bugs that were (also) discussed on
> this list (apart from Valerio iirc).
>
> > Well, I just hope it can be fixed before Squeeze. But I think I will
> > follow Testing anyway, so I won't have to wait, at least for my laptop.
> > The workstation at work usually follows Debian Stable.
>
> For me personally it probably doesn't matter, since I follow sid on my pc
> and testing on my server. But I hope too that the version shipped with
> Squeeze will be a good one, since especially newcomers will start (and
> stay?) with Debian Stable.

Not "specially newcomers": anyone using Debian for any dependant upon mission
will be using Stable (myself included, of course) so I'd better prefer having
a package out the distribution than misleadingly offered some
non-production-ready program as "Stable".


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201006051854.14790.jesus.navarro@undominio.net">ht tp://lists.debian.org/201006051854.14790.jesus.navarro@undominio.net
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:06 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org