Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 AM
Tim Richardson

Default Device action for screen connect

I recently connected a spare laptop with intel graphics to an external
monitor. I received a KDE message reacting to the connection, which took
me to the system setting for multiple displays.

My main laptop runs nvidia graphics, and I don't get such a reaction to
connecting an external monitor.
I see in advanced settings there are options to device actions. One
thing I tried was to set an action when Device Interface Match is Video,
but this didn't do anything.

Is there any documentation of Solid, or any other hints, that may help
me execute an action when an external monitor is connected on nvidia
hardware. I use sidux so I have sid KDE. This is the case on both
laptops I refer to.

regards
Tim