Old 05-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Sune Vuorela

Default plans for basket

On 2010-05-19, Fathi Boudra <fabo@debian.org> wrote:
>> do you have any plans for Basket?
>> There is a Qt 4 port available Basket 2.0 Beta 1 (1.80).
>>
>> It didn't show any basket contents after installation to my home
>> directory, but that might have been a problem with the installer script in
>> the upstream archive.
>
> basket is in under our radar.
> The package should be reviewed before the upload.

I had a discussion with upstream, and he says that it is better to ship
the 2.0 pre releases than the old kde3 based series, so I guess we wilwl
do that soon.

Luigi Toscano is working on packaging it.

/Sune

Old 05-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Martin Steigerwald

Am Mittwoch 19 Mai 2010 schrieb Fathi Boudra:
> > do you have any plans for Basket?
> > There is a Qt 4 port available Basket 2.0 Beta 1 (1.80).
> >
> > It didn't show any basket contents after installation to my home
> > directory, but that might have been a problem with the installer
> > script in the upstream archive.
>
> basket is in under our radar.
> The package should be reviewed before the upload.

Thanks Fathi and Sune.

I can have a look at the package before you upload it. Not so much from a
packaging point of view, more from a "does it work", "does backet 2 work"
point of view. Although I backported / created some debian packages
myself, I bet anyone from the Debian KDE team has more experience with
building packages than me.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Martin Steigerwald

Hi!

Am Mittwoch 19 Mai 2010 schrieb Sune Vuorela:
> On 2010-05-19, Fathi Boudra <fabo@debian.org> wrote:
> >> do you have any plans for Basket?
> >> There is a Qt 4 port available Basket 2.0 Beta 1 (1.80).
> >>
> >> It didn't show any basket contents after installation to my home
> >> directory, but that might have been a problem with the installer
> >> script in the upstream archive.
> >
> > basket is in under our radar.
> > The package should be reviewed before the upload.
>
> I had a discussion with upstream, and he says that it is better to ship
> the 2.0 pre releases than the old kde3 based series, so I guess we
> wilwl do that soon.
>
> Luigi Toscano is working on packaging it.

JFYI for everyone.

The package is there. And it works, so my previous issues seemed to have
been due to using the installer script in the upstream package to install
to my home directory.

Thanks! My last heavily used KDE 3 application gone for good. That made
my day.

Ciao,