Old 05-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Dirk Salva

Default How to improve font-using in KDE4?

Hi,

im comparison to another computer, working still with Lenny, the
display of fonts in Konsole is bad:-(
Without antialiasing on Squeeze (as in Lenny) the fonts are angular,
with activated antialiasing the fonts are too spongy. So, where do I
have to search to resolve this problem? On my Lenny-Desktop font in
Konsole without antialiasing looks perfect. In Squeeze not:-(
Ah: another one: in Lenny the used font is "Fixed [misc]" and it can
display an "€". Using "Fixed [misc]" in Squeeze cannot show me the "€"
anymore:-(

Any hints?

ciao, Dirk

Old 05-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Jeremy Evans

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 10:01:23 Dirk Salva <dsalva@gmx.de> wrote:
> with activated antialiasing the fonts are too spongy.

I noticed this just upgrading from 4.3.4 to 4.4.3 using dejavu sans. Everything just looks worse, almost like it's a completely different font. I'm wondering if there were changes in QT recently that could have caused this.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Andrey Rahmatullin

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 07:01:23PM +0200, Dirk Salva wrote:
> im comparison to another computer, working still with Lenny, the
> display of fonts in Konsole is bad:-(
> Without antialiasing on Squeeze (as in Lenny) the fonts are angular,
> with activated antialiasing the fonts are too spongy. So, where do I
> have to search to resolve this problem? On my Lenny-Desktop font in
> Konsole without antialiasing looks perfect. In Squeeze not:-(
Something has changed in Qt 4.6. There are even some bug reports in Qt
tracker, such as http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-7011

--
WBR, wRAR (ALT Linux Team)