-   -   kdevelop in unstable - crashes on Settings | Configure (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/371785-kdevelop-unstable-crashes-settings-configure.html)

jedd 05-16-2010 01:20 PM

kdevelop in unstable - crashes on Settings | Configure

Howdi,

Just a quick question on whether others are able to use this. I'm
running a mostly unstable (but with some residual qt-kde.debian.net
packages, and a tiny amount of experimental) system. I realise this
may be contributing to my situation, yes.

Kdevelop is now in the repo, which is fantastic (quanta being my
previously preferred IDE). But whenever I go into Settings | Configure
Kdevelop it crashes.

I've replicated this on a new, empty account on my system, so it
doesn't look like any residual kdevelop stuff in my ~/.kde

$ dpkg -l | grep kdevelop
ii kdevelop 4:4.0.0-2 integrated development environment for KDE
ii kdevelop-data 4:4.0.0-2 data files for the KDevelop IDE
ii kdevelop-php 1.0.0~rc2-1 PHP plugin for KDevelop
ii kdevelop-php-docs 1.0.0~rc2-1 PHP documentation plugin for KDevelop
ii kdevplatform1-libs 1.0.0-1 shared libraries for the KDevelop platform

kdevelop from a konsole reveals this error once I do Configure:

kdevelop(22258)/kdevplatform (shell) KDevelop::UiController::showSettingsDialog: blacklist ()
KCrash: Application 'kdevelop' crashing...

At the moment I'm just trying to work out which bug tracker I should
bother with strace and kcrash output.

taa,
Jedd.

Fathi Boudra 05-19-2010 07:53 AM

kdevelop in unstable - crashes on Settings | Configure

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the crash.
Could you try to remove:
~/.kdevduchain/
~/.kde/share/config/kdeveloprc

and run kdevelop4.

Cheers,

Fathi

jedd 05-19-2010 06:40 PM

On Wednesday 19 May 2010 08:53:17 Fathi Boudra wrote:
> I'm not able to reproduce the crash.
> Could you try to remove:
> ~/.kdevduchain/
> ~/.kde/share/config/kdeveloprc

Fathi - this worked a treat, thank you. I remember reading
something about the .kdevduchain stuff - it sounded really
powerful - ages ago, but didn't even think to look outside the
.kde/ directory for things to rename out of the way.

I suspect something bit me from an earlier dodgy installation
of kdevelop (when I first heard about the php support being
usable (as distinct from stable)).

thanks again,
Jedd.