Old 05-10-2010, 10:13 PM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

Default Power Profile Actions

Is there any way as an adimistrator or user to customize the actions available
in the "When ..." drop-downs under ksystemsettings -> "Advanced" -> "Power
Management" -> "Edit Profiles" -> "Actions"?

I find that /usr/sbin/s2both works fine on my system and is my preferred way
to shut the system down. Unfortunately, none of the existing actions (appear
to) "Suspend to both Disk and RAM".

Doing a s2both takes longer than a s2ram, but it comes back nearly as quickly.
It also handles the case of me running out of batteries while the system is
suspended quite well.

Perhaps this is covered on Techbase; I haven't looked yet.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))