Old 05-11-2010, 10:19 AM
steef

Default Kde 3.5 ...

Brad Rogers schreef:

On Mon, 10 May 2010 15:11:45 +0200
Sjoerd Hardeman<sjoerd@lorentz.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:

Hello Sjoerd,

See http://www.lorentz.leidenuniv.nl/~sjoerd/files/schermafdruk.png.
Translation of the popup-box: "copy selected files in /home/sjoerd to:"

Not really needed;

In Dolphin's 'Settings Menu' choose 'Configure Dolphin', and 'General'
then select the "Context Menu" tab, and make sure the "Show 'Copy To' and
'Move To' commands" item is ticked.

thank you brad,

this seems the answer where i was waiting for.

thanx agaian,

steef

Archive: 4BE92F2A.4080707@home.nl">http://lists.debian.org/4BE92F2A.4080707@home.nl

Old 05-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Teemu Likonen

* 2010-05-11 12:37 (+0200), deloptes@yahoo.com wrote:

> Dotan, please, be nice.

> I hope you have patience and talk to kde guys, because I couldn't
> stand their young undeveloped developers brains

Yes, being nice is really nice.

--
Feel free to Cc me your replies if you want to make sure I'll notice
them. I can't read all the list mail.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Brad Rogers

On Tue, 11 May 2010 12:19:22 +0200
steef <debian.linux@home.nl> wrote:

Hello steef,

> this seems the answer where i was waiting for.

Not exactly what you wanted, but I'm sure it'll suffice.

> thanx agaian,

You're welcome.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Well I don't want you to think I'm being obscene
Fish - The Damned

Old 05-11-2010, 02:20 PM
deloptes

Teemu Likonen wrote:

> * 2010-05-11 12:37 (+0200), deloptes@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Dotan, please, be nice.
>
>> I hope you have patience and talk to kde guys, because I couldn't
>> stand their young undeveloped developers brains
>
> Yes, being nice is really nice.

yes, it's said in a quite polite way.

I still can't believe that kde is doing this for real. If it was a
commercial company it would have lost a lot.

So the major think I dislike in KDE4.4 at the moment is that they have put
something called "new phonetic" layout for the keyboard ... but the old one
is gone ... well I've been typing this way for the past 15years. Which
idiot did decide to drop the old one?
and I'm not sorry for using this word because it's really idiotic or they
are smoking something strong, I just don't want to know. IT looks like they
really don't care about the people using kde.

Said in a nice way, Dotan could you put this on your list and pass it to kde
developers. I'm missing for sure the old bulgarian phonetic layout where
w="в" and v="ж" and this is a showstopper for me.

regards

Old 05-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Dotan Cohen

> Said in a nice way, Dotan could you put this on your list and pass it to kde
> developers. I'm missing for sure the old bulgarian phonetic layout where
> w="в" and v="ж" and this is a showstopper for me.

I can't, as I am not Bulgarian and I cannot triage. It might even be a
Debian issue, not a KDE issue. If your Debian install has the proper
layout installed and KDE is not finding it, then please file the issue
here:
https://bugs.kde.org/wizard.cgi

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Old 05-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Tue,11.May.10, 20:58:33, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Said in a nice way, Dotan could you put this on your list and pass it to kde
> > developers. I'm missing for sure the old bulgarian phonetic layout where
> > w="в" and v="ж" and this is a showstopper for me.
> >

> I can't, as I am not Bulgarian and I cannot triage. It might even be a
> Debian issue, not a KDE issue. If your Debian install has the proper
> layout installed and KDE is not finding it, then please file the issue
> here:
> https://bugs.kde.org/wizard.cgi

I'd rather think it's an Xorg issue (specifically the package xkb-data,
which contains all keyboard maps).

Regards,
Andrei

Old 05-11-2010, 07:42 PM
deloptes

Andrei Popescu wrote:

> I'd rather think it's an Xorg issue (specifically the package xkb-data,
> which contains all keyboard maps).
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

I'm not quite sure about it. I'll check. AFAIK it's kde mapping (at least it
was in kde3).

cheers

Old 05-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Steve

On Thursday 06 May 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> The "KDE 4 sux" time has passed. If you still have problems with KDE
> 4, then please let me know what they are so that they can be fixed.
>
> Thanks!

I agree with this statement and to this end I built a sid sandbox to give
KDE4 a whirl. I've just started but the changes to the whole desktop
paradigm have me confused. Are desktops vs. activities vs. dashboards
explained anywhere. I'd like to assume they are more than candy. Are
there documents that demonstrate their practical application? Google
hasn't been my BF on this one.

So far, so confused,
Steve

Old 05-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Dotan Cohen

On 16 May 2010 19:43, Steve <newsdebian@jetcity.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 May 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>
>> The "KDE 4 sux" time has passed. If you still have problems with KDE
>> 4, then please let me know what they are so that they can be fixed.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> I agree with this statement and to this end I built a sid sandbox to give
> KDE4 a whirl. *I've just started but the changes to the whole desktop
> paradigm have me confused. *Are desktops vs. activities vs. dashboards
> explained anywhere. *I'd like to assume they are more than candy. *Are
> there documents that demonstrate their practical application? *Google
> hasn't been my BF on this one.

I would not recommend playing with Activities until KDE 4.5 or even
4.6. Until then Activities are a mess. However, for the general idea
of what they are, you might want to read this:
http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma#Activities_and_the_Zooming_User_Interface_. 28ZUI.29

Good luck!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 05-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Steve

On Monday 17 May 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I would not recommend playing with Activities until KDE 4.5 or even
> 4.6. Until then Activities are a mess. However, for the general idea
> of what they are, you might want to read this:
> http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma#Activities_and_the_Zooming_User_Interfac
>e_.28ZUI.29
>
> Good luck!

Took a while, I lost track of this thread. Thanks that URL was helpful
and I'll just wait on Activities for a while.

steve