Old 05-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Leonardo Meira

Default SIP Phone Alternatives

Hi Everyone,

In Lenny I use Twinkle to use my SIP phone account.
But in Squeeze I'd like to use another application in the place of Twinkle. Preferentially a software better integrated to the KDE 4.x/Qt 4.x desktop which is what I use.

Any alternative? Please give me suggestions.

Thank you

serraemeira

Old 05-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Mark Purcell

On Saturday 08 May 2010 09:52:24 Leonardo Meira wrote:
> In Lenny I use Twinkle to use my SIP phone account.
> But in Squeeze I'd like to use another application in the place of Twinkle.
> Preferentially a software better integrated to the KDE 4.x/Qt 4.x desktop
> which is what I use.
>
> Any alternative? Please give me suggestions.

IMHO twinkle is still the lead in KDE, even though it is now dead upstream :-(

ekiga is very solid and worth looking at.

Others showing promise are yate-qt4 (active development) and linphone.

Mark

Old 05-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Enrico Agliotti

2010/5/8 Leonardo Meira <serra.meira@gmail.com>:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> In Lenny I use Twinkle to use my SIP phone account.
> But in Squeeze I'd like to use another application in the place of Twinkle.
> Preferentially a software better integrated to the KDE 4.x/Qt 4.x desktop
> which is what I use.
>
> Any alternative? Please give me suggestions.

I'm using QuteCom and I'm quite satisfied.

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/qutecom

--
Enrico Agliotti
cell. +39-328-0517312

Old 05-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer

On Vie 07 May 2010 21:07:19 Mark Purcell escribió:
> On Saturday 08 May 2010 09:52:24 Leonardo Meira wrote:
> > In Lenny I use Twinkle to use my SIP phone account.
> > But in Squeeze I'd like to use another application in the place of
> > Twinkle. Preferentially a software better integrated to the KDE 4.x/Qt
> > 4.x desktop which is what I use.
> >
> > Any alternative? Please give me suggestions.
>
> IMHO twinkle is still the lead in KDE, even though it is now dead upstream
> :-(
>
> ekiga is very solid and worth looking at.
>
> Others showing promise are yate-qt4 (active development) and linphone.

As for another non-qt softphone there's sflphone.

But yes, Twinkle seems to be the lead in KDE. Maybe it's time to stand up and
code a new version :-)

--
"With great power comes great responsibility."
Peter Parker's uncle.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/