Old 05-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Diederik de Haas

Default kde-core list should be updated (live-helper)

Hello all,

I just received a notification that meta-kde 5:59 has entered unstable/sid.
With that, the meta package kde-minimal does no longer exist, so /usr/share/live-helper/lists/kde-
core should be updated and possibly again when 5:59 gets into testing/squeeze.

This is the contents of that file now (primairily for debian-kde list):
#if DISTRIBUTION lenny
kde-core
#endif
#if DISTRIBUTION squeeze sid
kde-minimal
#endif

kdm
desktop-base

I think the following change should correct the change in the meta-package:
#if DISTRIBUTION squeeze sid
kde-minimal
#endif

becomes:

#if DISTRIBUTION squeeze
kde-minimal
#endif
#if DISTRIBUTION sid
kde-plasma-desktop
#endif

and when 5:59 gets into testing it should become:
#if DISTRIBUTION squeeze sid
kde-plasma-desktop
#endif

I'm CC-ing debian-kde list, since they probably can add sth useful to this.

Regards,
Diederik

Old 05-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Daniel Baumann

With that, the meta package kde-minimal does no longer exist, so /usr/share/live-helper/lists/kde-
core should be updated and possibly again when 5:59 gets into testing/squeeze.

updated in git, thanks.

--
Address: Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
Email: daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net

Old 05-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Modestas Vainius

Hello,

On sekmadienis 02 Gegužė 2010 13:38:43 Diederik de Haas wrote:
> and when 5:59 gets into testing it should become:
> #if DISTRIBUTION squeeze sid
> kde-plasma-desktop
> #endif

Why not just use kde-standard instead?

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>

Old 05-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Diederik de Haas

On 2010-05-02 Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Why not just use kde-standard instead?
That seems to me a good candidate for the kde list and then the kde-full list should be the kde-full
meta-package.

So that means for kde list:
#include <kde-core>

#if DISTRIBUTION lenny
kde
#endif
#if DISTRIBUTION squeeze sid
kde-standard
#endif
kdm
desktop-base

and for kde-full:
#include <kde>
#if DISTRIBUTION lenny
koffice
#endif
#if DISTRIBUTION squeeze sid
kde-full
#endif

Sounds good to me!
Thanks for your response, that was exactly what I was hoping for.

Regards,
Diederik

Old 05-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Daniel Baumann

On 05/03/2010 12:50 AM, Diederik de Haas wrote:

That seems to me a good candidate for the kde list and then the kde-full list should be the kde-full
meta-package.

forgot to mention..

So that means for kde list:

both updated, thanks you.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Diederik de Haas

On Saturday 08 May 2010 12:30:38 Daniel Baumann wrote:
> On 05/03/2010 12:50 AM, Diederik de Haas wrote:
> > That seems to me a good candidate for the kde list and then the kde-full
> > list should be the kde-full meta-package.
>
> forgot to mention..
>
> > So that means for kde list:
> both updated, thanks you.

There is a new development:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/meta-kde/news/20100517T215607Z.html and
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-kde-commits/2010-May/019017.html

Meaning that kde-minimal is dropped (at least for now).
Asking on #debian-kde gave me the following responses:
[01:37] <diederik> Is it likely that kde-minimal will not exist for more then a week? kde-minimal is
used in the package lists for live-helper
[01:38] <diederik> If it's only gone for a week or so it's probably not worth the temp update, but
if it's expected to take longer then it makes sense to notify Daniel Baumann
[01:42] <MoDaX> diederik: kde-minimal is a virtual package
[01:42] <MoDaX> s/is/will be/
[01:42] <MoDaX> once it is introduced again
[01:42] <MoDaX> I don't think you want to let apt choose which provide to install
[01:43] <diederik> but right now it doesn't exist, so if someone wants to build a kde LiveCD, that
will fail, since it doesn't exist _now_
[01:43] <diederik> since not everyone builds a kde livecd each day a temporary disruption seems ok
(to me)
[01:44] <diederik> so if it's back in a week or so, probably no one will notice and otherwise the
package list will need to be updated twice
[01:44] <MoDaX> diederik: regardless of kde-minimal fate, switch to live cd to either kde-plasma-
desktop or kde-plasma-netbook (or kde-standard)
[01:45] <MoDaX> I mean if you want live cd build process to be predictable

So if the following section of kde-core is updated from
#if DISTRIBUTION squeeze sid
kde-minimal
#endif
#if DISTRIBUTION squeeze sid
kde-plasma-desktop
#endif

Then kde builds of live-helper should be OK again.

Regards,
Diederik