Old 04-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Thomas Breitkreuz

Default Hostname is removed from

Hi,

I switch from KDE3 to KDE4 (4.3.4, squeeze) and I can't establish any
SFTP-connection with Dolphon to our local servers. Creating a link or
connecting with KDESVN (RapidSVN works!) to our repository for
browsing is also impossible. Every time I insert an URL, the hostname
is unknown and the input field removes it.

The reason for this issue seems to be, that our the name resolution
for this servers are done via /etc/hosts. If I use external located
servers (provider etc.), the URL are accepted.

If I use the command lne versions of sftp or subversion all things are
fine. Basicly the name resoltion works correct.

Any suggestions?!?

Bye Thomas

Hints
--------

For Java: net.ipv6.bindv6only = 0

My nsswitch.conf
# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages
installed,
try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd: compat
group: compat
shadow: compat

hosts: files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns mdns4
networks: files

protocols: db files
services: db files
ethers: db files
rpc: db files

netgroup: nis

Old 05-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Thomas Breitkreuz

Hi,

the solution:
The server name contains an underscore. Since Qt 4.6 the QUrl
component checks given URLs for RFC (underscore not allowed)
compliance.

Additional infos:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2091572/qurl-does-not-parse-host-
name-with-underscore