Old 04-08-2010, 05:26 AM
Adrian von Bidder

Default pinentry window?

Heyho!

... and, sending the last mail: is it a Debian specific issue, or some local
feature of my KDE profile, or a KDE bug: recently (4.3 to 4.4, but I'm not
sure exactly which updates triggered it), the pinentry window always comes
up behind the kmail windows when I sign email. Confused me a bit at
first... (luckily it is still modal relative to the kmail window, so the
kmail composer gets greyed out, indicating that the pinentry might be
somewhere...)

Mostly everything related to KDE is experimental or qt-kde repository.
pinentry-qt4 is 0.8.0-1.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Development code can brick your network adapter,
scramble your filesystems, open up severe security

Old 04-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Benjamin Eikel

Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 8. April 2010 07:26:03 schrieb Adrian von Bidder:
> Heyho!
>
> ... and, sending the last mail: is it a Debian specific issue, or some
> local feature of my KDE profile, or a KDE bug: recently (4.3 to 4.4, but
> I'm not sure exactly which updates triggered it), the pinentry window
> always comes up behind the kmail windows when I sign email. Confused me a
> bit at first... (luckily it is still modal relative to the kmail window,
> so the kmail composer gets greyed out, indicating that the pinentry might
> be somewhere...)
I have exactly the same problem with KDE 4.3.4 from Debian unstable.

Kind regards,
Benjamin

Old 04-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Marcus Better

Old 04-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Modestas Vainius

Hello,

On ketvirtadienis 08 Balandis 2010 08:26:03 Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> Heyho!
>
> ... and, sending the last mail: is it a Debian specific issue, or some
> local feature of my KDE profile, or a KDE bug: recently (4.3 to 4.4, but
> I'm not sure exactly which updates triggered it), the pinentry window
> always comes up behind the kmail windows when I sign email. Confused me a
> bit at first... (luckily it is still modal relative to the kmail window,
> so the kmail composer gets greyed out, indicating that the pinentry might
> be somewhere...)
>
> Mostly everything related to KDE is experimental or qt-kde repository.
> pinentry-qt4 is 0.8.0-1.

I believe this is new pinentry-qt4 to blame rather than KDE SC 4.4.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>

Old 04-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Boris Bobrov

Hm. I have another problem - I can't sign any email, I get "Bad Passphrase"
every time I try to sign it. Pinentry window doesn't appear.

The solution of your problem is to make a rule for this window.
System settings - Window behavior - Window-Specific - New.

В сообщении от Четверг 08 апреля 2010 10:26:03 автор Adrian von Bidder

Old 04-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Frank Strzer

Hi Boris,
Am Donnerstag, 8. April 2010 11:44:41 schrieb Boris Bobrov:
> Hm. I have another problem - I can't sign any email, I get "Bad
> Passphrase" every time I try to sign it. Pinentry window doesn't
> appear.
>
> The solution of your problem is to make a rule for this window.
> System settings - Window behavior - Window-Specific - New.
I had the same problem some days ago. Just have a look in your
~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf which pinentry will be called and have a look on
your system, which pinentry is installed.

Greetings

Frank

Old 04-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Adrian von Bidder

On Thursday 08 April 2010 12.02:26 Frank Strzer wrote:
> Hi Boris,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 8. April 2010 11:44:41 schrieb Boris Bobrov:
> > Hm. I have another problem - I can't sign any email, I get "Bad
> > Passphrase" every time I try to sign it. Pinentry window doesn't
> > appear.
> >
> > The solution of your problem is to make a rule for this window.
> > System settings - Window behavior - Window-Specific - New.

Ok - but that's not a solution, that's more like a workaround. I'll not
file bugs until I can identify the source of the problem, as I haven't tried
with a new created account.

> I had the same problem some days ago. Just have a look in your
> ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf which pinentry will be called and have a look on
> your system, which pinentry is installed.

/usr/bin/pinentry is called which, via alternatives, points to pinentry-qt4,
which is the only pinentry I have installed.

Not sure what that's supposed to tell me.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Wie man sein Kind nicht nennen sollte:
Karo Muster

Old 04-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Boris Bobrov

Hi, Adrian.

Четверг 08 апреля 2010 18:52:00 you wrote:
> On Thursday 08 April 2010 12.02:26 Frank Störzer wrote:
> Ok - but that's not a solution, that's more like a workaround. I'll not
> file bugs until I can identify the source of the problem, as I haven't
> tried with a new created account.
But it works. The only thing left to do is to post to Debian bugtracker. And
to hack by yourself, if you can.
I can confirm this bug. But workaround works for me for already 2 months.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Boris Bobrov

Hi, Frank.
Please, post you gpg-agent.conf.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Frank Strzer

Hallo Boris,
Am Donnerstag, 8. April 2010 17:23:32 schrieb Boris Bobrov:
> Hi, Frank.
> Please, post you gpg-agent.conf.
here it is (comments are missing):
1 pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry-qt4
2 no-grab
[...]
7 allow-mark-trusted
9 debug-level basic
10 disable-scdaemon
11 log-file /home/frank/.gnupg/log-socket

Without attaching -qt4 in line 1, I couldn't write the password. Update-
alternatives didn't worked for me, maybe it is a problem of KDE SC 4.4.1
at this time. I don't have tested it since I had found this solution for
me. I hope, it will help you.

Greetings

Frank