Old 03-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Jan De Luyck

Default kscreenlocker problem?

I've noticed that since yesterday evening kscreenlocker seems to crash:

Application: KDE Screen Locker (kscreenlocker), signal: Illegal instruction
[KCrash Handler]
#5 0x00007f0ee6a0effe in KServiceTypeProfile::hasProfile(QString const&) () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.5
#6 0x00007f0ee6a10cd2 in KServiceTypeTrader::query(QString const&, QString const&) const () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.5
#7 0x000000000041340d in _start ()

Especially the 'illegal instruction' strikes me as weird... anyone else with problems?

Kind regards

Jan

Old 03-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Clive McBarton

Old 03-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Sune Vuorela

On 2010-03-18, Jan De Luyck <jan@kcore.org> wrote:
> I've noticed that since yesterday evening kscreenlocker seems to crash:
>
> Application: KDE Screen Locker (kscreenlocker), signal: Illegal instruction
> [KCrash Handler]
> #5 0x00007f0ee6a0effe in KServiceTypeProfile::hasProfile(QString const&) () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.5
> #6 0x00007f0ee6a10cd2 in KServiceTypeTrader::query(QString const&, QString const&) const () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.5
> #7 0x000000000041340d in _start ()
>
> Especially the 'illegal instruction' strikes me as weird... anyone else with problems?

which architecture do you use? what's the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo?
which packages are you using?

/Sune

Old 03-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Jan De Luyck

On Friday 19 March 2010 10:02:48 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2010-03-18, Jan De Luyck <jan@kcore.org> wrote:
> > I've noticed that since yesterday evening kscreenlocker seems to crash:
> >
> > Application: KDE Screen Locker (kscreenlocker), signal: Illegal
> > instruction [KCrash Handler]
> > #5 0x00007f0ee6a0effe in KServiceTypeProfile::hasProfile(QString const&)
> > () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.5 #6 0x00007f0ee6a10cd2 in
> > KServiceTypeTrader::query(QString const&, QString const&) const () from
> > /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.5 #7 0x000000000041340d in _start ()
> >
> > Especially the 'illegal instruction' strikes me as weird... anyone else
> > with problems?
>
> which architecture do you use? what's the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo?
> which packages are you using?
>
> /Sune

amd64, using the packages from the qt-kde group.

cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 15
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz
stepping : 6
cpu MHz : 1000.000
cache size : 4096 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor
ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm tpr_shadow
bogomips : 3989.99
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 15
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz
stepping : 6
cpu MHz : 1000.000
cache size : 4096 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 1
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 1
initial apicid : 1
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor
ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm tpr_shadow
bogomips : 3990.11
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: