Old 03-13-2010, 07:30 PM
jedd

Default akonadi - google plugins question for 4.4.x packages

Howdi,

I spent a few hours this afternoon fighting with akonadi,
eventually just shifting it across to my basic mysql instance
(if anyone wants to do this - avoid all the 'edit the ...' file
tutorials on the net, and do it via the very simple menu'd
K | Applications | Utilities | Akonaditray applet - you'll still
need to set up your DB manually, but it gives you the code
snippet to do that too. Noice!)

Anyhoo - my question.

I discovered what is possibly going to be one of the more
compelling reasons for all this akonadi pain - the ability
to sync easily with google calendar (etc) resources.

There's a nice blog / tutorial here:
http://blog.trumpton.org.uk/2010/02/kontact-gmail-sync-with-akonadi.html

So the question is a two-parter -
1. Is it relatively easy / painless / won't break new packages
if I go and hunt down how to get these extra things into
the pre-experimental 4.4 system I'm running, and/or
2. Are they likely to be in subsequent 4.4.x packages?

taa,
Jedd.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Modestas Vainius

Hello,

On šeštadienis 13 Kovas 2010 22:30:13 jedd wrote:
> I discovered what is possibly going to be one of the more
> compelling reasons for all this akonadi pain - the ability
> to sync easily with google calendar (etc) resources.
>
> There's a nice blog / tutorial here:
> http://blog.trumpton.org.uk/2010/02/kontact-gmail-sync-with-akonadi.html
>
> So the question is a two-parter -
> 1. Is it relatively easy / painless / won't break new packages
> if I go and hunt down how to get these extra things into
> the pre-experimental 4.4 system I'm running, and/or
> 2. Are they likely to be in subsequent 4.4.x packages?

Sorry, but I'm not following you here. What in particular do you refer to with
"these extra things" and "they"?

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>

Old 03-13-2010, 08:02 PM
jedd

Hi Modestas,

If you look at the picture on that link:
> > http://blog.trumpton.org.uk/2010/02/kontact-gmail-sync-with-akonadi.html
> Sorry, but I'm not following you here. What in particular do you refer to with
> "these extra things" and "they"?

... there's a 'Akonadi Google Calendar Resource' shown (and
another for Google Contacts).

These are the 'extra things' to which I refer.

Unless I'm meant to be seeing them in my qt-kde.d.o 4.4.1 SC install.
In which case ... guess what my next question will be.

Jedd.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Modestas Vainius

Hello,