Old 03-07-2010, 08:35 PM
"Andrea Iacovitti"

Default kdebugdialog kde3 lenny

Hi list,
i'm trying to get debugging information from my KDE3 on debian lenny.
I started kdebugdialog and selected all debugging area, then launched
whatever kde program in console but nothing is printed out in the
shell or .xsession-errors file.
Am i missing something?

Thanks
Andrea.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:11 AM
Andreas Marschke

Am Sonntag 07 März 2010 22:35:15 schrieb Andrea Iacovitti:
> Hi list,
> i'm trying to get debugging information from my KDE3 on debian lenny.
> I started kdebugdialog and selected all debugging area, then launched
> whatever kde program in console but nothing is printed out in the
> shell or .xsession-errors file.
> Am i missing something?
>
> Thanks
> Andrea.

After running the KDebugDialog , Selecting what you need , Applying them and
then closing it, Have you tried `kbuildsycoca` after that?

Old 03-08-2010, 07:30 PM
"Andrea Iacovitti"

> After running the KDebugDialog , Selecting what you need , Applying them and
> then closing it, Have you tried `kbuildsycoca` after that?

I tried but it does not work :-(

Old 03-09-2010, 05:02 AM
Andreas Marschke

Am Montag 08 März 2010 21:30:45 schrieb Andrea Iacovitti:
> > After running the KDebugDialog , Selecting what you need , Applying them
> > and then closing it, Have you tried `kbuildsycoca` after that?
>
> I tried but it does not work :-(

Are you building with DebugSymbols enabled.
if not just pass -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debugfull when you initiate your cmake
configuration.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:35 PM
"Andrea Iacovitti"

> Are you building with DebugSymbols enabled.
> if not just pass -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debugfull when you initiate your cmake
> configuration.

Oh yes, that works!
It means kdebugdialog is useless if binary packages from debian
repository are used.

Many thanks.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:49 AM
Andreas Marschke

Am Dienstag 09 März 2010 19:35:56 schrieb Andrea Iacovitti:
> > Are you building with DebugSymbols enabled.
> > if not just pass -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debugfull when you initiate your
> > cmake configuration.
>
> Oh yes, that works!
> It means kdebugdialog is useless if binary packages from debian
> repository are used.
>
> Many thanks.

Thats not true you can allways download the *-dbg packages so you can use the
complete debuginfo.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:59 AM
"Andrea Iacovitti"

> Thats not true you can allways download the *-dbg packages so you can use the
> complete debuginfo.

I had already tried that (before asking to the list) but it did not work. After recompiled deb package with "--enable-debug=full" added
to debian/rules, then installed them, i'm able I get the debug info.