Old 03-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Dominik Schulz

Default Semi-official KDE SC 4.4.1 available (external repository)

Am Freitag, 5. März 2010 11:52:00 schrieb Modestas Vainius:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for feedback. Recently fixed:
>
> 1) "kdm does not start" bug. Fixed in kdm 4:4.4.1-0rc2. Please upgrade the
> whole kdebase-workspace.
> 2) pkg-kde-archive-keyring v2 is properly indexed and installable now.
> 3) You no longer need to use exp-snapshots in place of
> experimental-snapshots. I suggest switching /etc/apt/sources.list back to
> experimental-snapshots. 4) I don't know why some of you need to use
> aptitude -t exp-snapshots rather than aptitude -t experimental-snapshots.
> Both seem to work.
> 4) kde-l10n 4:4.4.1-0rc1 is in as well. kdesdk will follow later today.

Hi,
thanks for your packaging efforts.

Some things that are still not working properly:
kdm does still not start. Still no valid theme set in the kdmrc. Meanwhile
I've just commented the "Theme =" line.

The weather applets are not working. The weather applet from KDE 4.3 stoped
working some time ago and I thought it would be fixed by KDE 4.4. The sites
"wetter.com" and "BBC weather" don't produce any network traffic when searching
for cities, so I assume that something is wrong with them. The other two don't
produce any results for my area but I assume they work for americans sind they
create some network traffic and report a "not found" dialog.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Dominik

Old 03-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Modestas Vainius

Hello,

On šeštadienis 06 Kovas 2010 11:15:06 Dominik Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for your packaging efforts.
>
> Some things that are still not working properly:
> kdm does still not start. Still no valid theme set in the kdmrc. Meanwhile
> I've just commented the "Theme =" line.

I don't understand what could be wrong. Could somebody who still can't get kdm
starting in 4:4.4.1-0rc2, provide the following:

* Contents of /etc/kde4/kdm/kdmrc
* kdm_init_output generated with
# sh -x -e /etc/init.d/kdm start > kdm_init_output 2>&1
* Output of
$ ls -l /var/run/kdm/

> The weather applets are not working. The weather applet from KDE 4.3 stoped
> working some time ago and I thought it would be fixed by KDE 4.4. The sites
> "wetter.com" and "BBC weather" don't produce any network traffic when
> searching for cities, so I assume that something is wrong with them. The
> other two don't produce any results for my area but I assume they work for
> americans sind they create some network traffic and report a "not found"
> dialog.

They seem work here.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>