Old 03-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Valerio Passini

Default How to use desktop search?

Hello,

First of all, thanks to the developers for giving us the chance to
preview it and test it before it comes in the unstable repositories and
to everybody for starting testing and fixing things.
I'm playing a bit with KDE 4.4.1. and trying to search stuff among my
PDFs. I can launch krunner and type a term inside to search for it and
it works, but krunner is too small to show all the results in a
comprehensive manner. Is there any other way to do a desktop search?
Thanks for your suggestions.

Valerio

Old 03-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Matthieu Gallien

Hello,

Le Vendredi 5 Mars 2010 21:02:52, Valerio Passini a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> First of all, thanks to the developers for giving us the chance to
> preview it and test it before it comes in the unstable repositories and
> to everybody for starting testing and fixing things.
> I'm playing a bit with KDE 4.4.1. and trying to search stuff among my
> PDFs. I can launch krunner and type a term inside to search for it and
> it works, but krunner is too small to show all the results in a
> comprehensive manner. Is there any other way to do a desktop search?
> Thanks for your suggestions.

You should use Dolphin. I tried, hit "maybe" bugs, but got the job done.

> Valerio

Best regards
--
Matthieu Gallien

Old 03-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Valerio Passini

Alle venerdì 05 marzo 2010, Matthieu Gallien ha scritto:

> You should use Dolphin. I tried, hit "maybe" bugs, but got the job
> done.
>
> > Valerio
>
> Best regards

Thank you, I didn't notice that typing inside "search" in dolphin makes
further options for refining searches appear. This desktop searches are
really powerful

Valerio