Old 01-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Fathi Boudra

Default Plans for K3B, network-manager-kde

cc'ing debian-kde ml.

> I would like to know if there are any plans regarding those 2 packages.
> My point of view is that without them, we'll got major usability issue with
> KDE/Squeeze and, as I guess I'm not the first to think that, maybe is there
> some info out there ?

K3B (KDE 4 version) will be shipped with Squeeze.
It still in experimental for testing purpose. Feedback are welcome.

About KNM, I let Modestas reply
btw, we still have a working solutin with wicd.
It isn't integrated into KDE 4 like KNM but works fine.

cheers,

Fathi

Old 01-17-2010, 09:34 AM
"Tourneur Henry-Nicolas"

On Sunday 17 January 2010 10:14:49 Fathi Boudra wrote:
> cc'ing debian-kde ml.
>
> > I would like to know if there are any plans regarding those 2 packages.
> > My point of view is that without them, we'll got major usability issue
> > with KDE/Squeeze and, as I guess I'm not the first to think that, maybe
> > is there some info out there ?
>
> K3B (KDE 4 version) will be shipped with Squeeze.
> It still in experimental for testing purpose. Feedback are welcome.
>
> About KNM, I let Modestas reply
> btw, we still have a working solutin with wicd.
> It isn't integrated into KDE 4 like KNM but works fine.
>
> cheers,
>
> Fathi

Thanks for your feedback.

I know wicd works fine but I don't think that it can deal with VPN and maybe
some KDE apps will work better if NM is there ? I sometines got disconnection
with Kopete, my guess is that it partially relies on NM... (just a guess).