-   -   About knetload and kcpuload (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/256845-about-knetload-kcpuload.html)

Patrice Pillot 03-04-2009 10:09 AM

About knetload and kcpuload

Hi,

Those two apps were recently removed from testing since they were not
present anymore in sid.

I suppose this may be related to the fact that they don't seem to be
maintain well upstream and moreover, since KDE4 is on its way to squeeze...

Yet those applets are very useful. Are there any KDE4 successors for them ?

TIA,

phep

Valerio Passini 03-04-2009 11:27 AM

Alle mercoledý 04 marzo 2009, Patrice Pillot ha scritto:

> Hi,

> Those two apps were recently removed from testing since they were not

> present anymore in sid.

> I suppose this may be related to the fact that they don't seem to be

> maintain well upstream and moreover, since KDE4 is on its way to squeeze...

> Yet those applets are very useful. Are there any KDE4 successors for them ?

> TIA,

> phep

Hi,

There are a lot of plasma applets to do the same stuff. They have a different layout but they provide the same information. Use the cashew to add them to your desktop.

Bye

Valerio

James Tappin 03-04-2009 02:02 PM

About knetload and kcpuload

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 13:27:09 +0100
Valerio Passini <valerio.passini@unicam.it> wrote:

VP> Alle mercoledý 04 marzo 2009, Patrice Pillot ha scritto:
VP> > Hi,
VP> >
VP> > Those two apps were recently removed from testing since they were
VP> > not present anymore in sid.
VP> >
VP> > I suppose this may be related to the fact that they don't seem to
VP> > be maintain well upstream and moreover, since KDE4 is on its way
VP> > to squeeze...
VP> >
VP> > Yet those applets are very useful. Are there any KDE4 successors
VP> > for them ?
VP> >
VP> > TIA,
VP> >
VP> > phep
VP> Hi,
VP>
VP> There are a lot of plasma applets to do the same stuff. They have a
VP> different layout but they provide the same information. Use the
VP> cashew to add them to your desktop.

Apart from one thing -- knetload & kcpuload when clicked on, produced a
text window with the actual data rate or cpu usage. The plasma widgets
I've tried don't do that and since the network one autoscales it's hard
to use for more than "is anything happening or not".

Also; to put widgets in the panel, right-click on the panel, and follow
the menus. On the desktop, again a right click and menu is an
alternative.