Old 02-07-2009, 07:05 PM
gjbaarda

Default kded4 crashes on startup of kde (kde 4.2 experimental)

On my acer aspire one netbook kded4 crashes on each kde start up with the
message :

The application KDE Daemon (kded4) crashed and caused the signal 6 (SIGABRT).

In .xsession there is:

kded(3697) Solid::Control::ManagerBasePrivate::loadBackend: Backend loaded:
"NetworkManager 0.7"
kded(3697) KDEDModule::setModuleName: registerObject() successful for
"networkstatus"
QCoreApplication:ostEvent: Unexpected null receiver
kwalletmanager(3755) KWalletDLauncher::getInterface: The kwalletd service has
been registered
QObject: Do not delete object, 'unnamed', during its event handler!
<unknown program name>(3754)/: Communication problem with "kwalletmanager" ,
it probably crashed.
Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownObject" : " "No such
object path '/MainApplication'" "

QCoreApplication:ostEvent: Unexpected null receiver
ASSERT: "opened" in file ../../../phonon/kded-module/hardwaredatabase.cpp, line
129
KCrash: Application 'kded4' crashing...

If I later start kded4 in a terminal it runs without problems.

I found some bug reports suggesting removing amarok related keyboard stuff
kwinrc and autostart, but there nothing amarok related in these files on my
system.

I also tried starting kde4 after renaming .kde and .kde4 but this also does
not solve the problem.

Any ideas...?

Gerrit Jan.