Old 02-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Christoph Burgmer

Default Many instances of gpgsm

Over a single day I can see a large amout of gpgsm and gpg-agent instances running in the background. Today it's 29 + 11 instances:

$ ps ax -o cmd | grep gpg | sort | uniq -c

11 gpg-agent --server

29 gpgsm --server

They don't seem to do any harm processor and memory wise, but I'm still curious if this hughly varying number of process is intended. I myself don't even use gpg encryption. Can somebody confirm this behaviour?

Christoph