Old 02-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Guan de dio

Default Fwd: l10n

I have the same problem with the spanish version of KDE.

GUAN

2009/2/3 Raúl Sánchez Siles <rasasi78@gmail.com>

El Martes 03 Febrero 2009, Christoph Burgmer escribió:

> Am Tuesday, 3. February 2009 schrieb Xavier Brochard:

> > Christoph Burgmer wrote:

> > > I created a new user where the same problem exists. Then removed ~/.kde

> > > and ~/.kde4,

> > on a new user account you shouldn't have a .kde directory

> > (or I misunderstood what you said)

> I had kpowerdaemon (or something similarly called) still installed, which

> might have triggered the creation after login.

> > > purged and reinstalled kde-l10n-de and again (after some

> > > akonadi errors and knotify crashes) the same problem prevails. By

> > > default no language is set in the settings module under "personal ->

> > > country/region & language" (translated from German).

> > same here, default language setting from kde (generic english) but it

> > works in french without problem

> > > I'll attach the locales from this users settings.

> > it looks like a kde problem, but just in case (sorry if it's stupid):

> > What is the default locale on the system ?

> > (check the uncommented ones in /etc/locale.gen)

> > And did you try to install another desktop ?

> $ cat /etc/locale.gen | grep -v "#"

> de_DE@euro ISO-8859-15

> de_DE ISO-8859-1

> de_DE.UTF-8 UTF-8

> en_GB.UTF-8 UTF-8

> en_HK.UTF-8 UTF-8

> en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8

> ja_JP.UTF-8 UTF-8

> ko_KR.UTF-8 UTF-8

> zh_CN.UTF-8 UTF-8

> zh_HK.UTF-8 UTF-8

> zh_SG.UTF-8 UTF-8

> zh_TW.UTF-8 UTF-8

> reportbug reports the following settings:

> Locale: LANG=de_DE@euro, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)

> I didn't try installing another desktop like gnome.

> But, now I just tried resetting my LC_MESSAGES (being default C)

> $ LC_MESSAGES=de_DE kwrite

> and this gives me a perfect German environment for kwrite.

> So I guess that would solve my problem.

> Now, am I being unreasonable asking for a consistent useage of languages,

> or is it a bug?

> Christoph

I'd advice using de_DE.UTF-8 as default.

*Regards,

--

* * Raúl Sánchez Siles

----->Proud Debian user<-----

Linux registered user #416098

Old 02-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Raúl Sánchez Siles

El Miércoles 04 Febrero 2009, Guan de dio escribió:
> I have the same problem with the spanish version of KDE.
>
> GUAN
>
> 2009/2/3 Raúl Sánchez Siles <rasasi78@gmail.com>
>
> > > $ cat /etc/locale.gen | grep -v "#"
> > > de_DE@euro ISO-8859-15
> > > de_DE ISO-8859-1
> > > de_DE.UTF-8 UTF-8
> > > en_GB.UTF-8 UTF-8
> > > en_HK.UTF-8 UTF-8
> > > en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
> > > ja_JP.UTF-8 UTF-8
> > > ko_KR.UTF-8 UTF-8
> > > zh_CN.UTF-8 UTF-8
> > > zh_HK.UTF-8 UTF-8
> > > zh_SG.UTF-8 UTF-8
> > > zh_TW.UTF-8 UTF-8
> > >
> > > reportbug reports the following settings:
> > > Locale: LANG=de_DE@euro, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
> > >
> > > I didn't try installing another desktop like gnome.
> > >
> > > But, now I just tried resetting my LC_MESSAGES (being default C)
> > > $ LC_MESSAGES=de_DE kwrite
> > > and this gives me a perfect German environment for kwrite.
> > > So I guess that would solve my problem.
> > > Now, am I being unreasonable asking for a consistent useage of
> > > languages, or is it a bug?
> > >
> > > Christoph
> >
> > I'd advice using de_DE.UTF-8 as default.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Raúl Sánchez Siles
> > ----->Proud Debian user<-----
> > Linux registered user #416098

Again, what locale have you set? You should use es_ES.UTF-8.

dpkg-reconfigure locales

Old 02-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Raúl Sánchez Siles

Hi:

El Miércoles 04 Febrero 2009, escribió:
> How can I check this?
>
> I have never needed to modify this kind of thing before
>
> Thanks,
> GUAN
>
> 2009/2/4 Raúl Sánchez Siles <rasasi78@gmail.com>
>
> > Again, what locale have you set? You should use es_ES.UTF-8.
> >
> > dpkg-reconfigure locales

Check information and procedures Christoph has send:

cat /etc/locale.gen | grep -v "#"

env |grep LANG

In summary, make sure you use dpkg-reconfigure locales, check and set
es_ES.UTF-8 as default.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Guan de dio

I make dpkg-reconfigure locales and uses es_ES.UTF-8, and after that I rebooted KDE but I don't notice nothing different.

I checked env |grep LANG

guan@debian64:~$ env | grep LANG
LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=

guan@debian64:~$

The package kde-i18n-es* that I have installed is the version 4:3.5.10-2

With this configuration I have some application completely in Spanish and others in Spanish and English together as for example konqueror.

The local variable as LANG, LC_CTYPE or LC_MESSAGES I don't know exactly where is stored for my current user.*
*

Thanks,
GUAN

PS: Sorry Raúl for sending the message to your private. When I pressed "replay" your mail was set autmaticaly,*

Old 02-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Raúl Sánchez Siles

El Miércoles 04 Febrero 2009, Guan de dio escribió:
> I make dpkg-reconfigure locales and uses es_ES.UTF-8, and after that I
> rebooted KDE but I don't notice nothing different.
>
> I checked env |grep LANG
>
> guan@debian64:~$ env | grep LANG
> LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
> LANGUAGE=
> guan@debian64:~$
>
> The package kde-i18n-es that I have installed is the version 4:3.5.10-2

Pay attention to what it's already said. KDE4 needs kde-l10n-XX.

> With this configuration I have some application completely in Spanish and
> others in Spanish and English together as for example konqueror.
>
> The local variable as LANG, LC_CTYPE or LC_MESSAGES I don't know exactly
> where is stored for my current user.
>

> Thanks,
> GUAN
>
> PS: Sorry Raúl for sending the message to your private. When I pressed
> "replay" your mail was set autmaticaly,

NP, regards,

Old 02-05-2009, 02:34 AM
Christoph Burgmer

Am Donnerstag, 5. Februar 2009 schrieb Guan de dio:

> I make dpkg-reconfigure locales and uses es_ES.UTF-8, and after that I

> rebooted KDE but I don't notice nothing different.

> I checked env |grep LANG

> guan@debian64:~$ env | grep LANG

> LANG=es_ES.UTF-8

> LANGUAGE=

> guan@debian64:~$

> The package kde-i18n-es that I have installed is the version 4:3.5.10-2

You are using KDE3, something I didn't have any problems with mixing de_DE.UTF-8 and C for LC_MESSAGES. So I guess this is a partially different problem.

Christoph

Old 02-05-2009, 05:48 AM
Guan de dio

> The package kde-i18n-es *that I have installed is the version 4:3.5.10-2

*Pay attention to what it's already said. KDE4 needs kde-l10n-XX.

*
*

jarr* OK I installed the worng package I'll try with this
*
Thanks,
GUAN