FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian KDE

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Flavio
 
Default can't play any video in dragon player

Hi all,
since i upgraded to kde4.2 (from experimental) i cannot play any video with
dragon player.

I think i installed all the required plugins (my phonon backend is gstreamer):

$ aptitude search ~igstreamer
i A gstreamer0.10-alsa - GStreamer plugin for ALSA
i A gstreamer0.10-plugins-base - GStreamer plugins from the "base" set
i gstreamer0.10-plugins-good - GStreamer plugins from the "good" set
iB gstreamer0.10-plugins-really-bad - GStreamer plugins from the "bad" set
i gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly - GStreamer plugins from the "ugly" set
i A gstreamer0.10-x - GStreamer plugins for X11 and Pango
i A libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0 - GStreamer libraries from the "base" set
i A libgstreamer0.10-0 - Core GStreamer libraries and elements
i A phonon-backend-gstreamer - Phonon GStreamer 0.10.x backend
$

before upgrade i was using xine backend.

Am i missing something? Should i return to xine backend?

Using mplayer everything works.

Below i pasted dragon player output, if you need more info, please ask.

Thanks all

$ dragon Stephen_Fry-Happy_Birthday_GNU-vlq_192px_56kbit.ogv
dragonplayer(3624) Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin::createBackend: using backend:
"GStreamer"
virtual bool Phonon::Gstreamer::AudioOutput::setOutputDevice(co nst
Phonon::AudioOutputDevice&) "NVidia nForce2 with ALC650F (NVidia nForce2)"
virtual bool Phonon::Gstreamer::AudioOutput::setOutputDevice(co nst
Phonon::AudioOutputDevice&) ("x-phonon:CARD=0,DEV=0", "plughw:CARD=0,DEV=0")
virtual bool Phonon::Gstreamer::AudioOutput::setOutputDevice(co nst
Phonon::AudioOutputDevice&) setProperty(device, "x-phonon:CARD=0,DEV=0" )
succeeded
virtual bool Phonon::Gstreamer::AudioOutput::setOutputDevice(co nst
Phonon::AudioOutputDevice&) go to old state on device "x-phonon:CARD=0,DEV=0"
succeeded
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::availableSubtitles Changed()
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::availableAudioChan nelsChanged()
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::titleChanged(int)
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::availableTitlesCha nged(int)
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::chapterChanged(int )
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::availableChaptersC hanged(int)
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::angleChanged(int)
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::availableAnglesCha nged(int)
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::availableSubtitles Changed()
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::availableAudioChan nelsChanged()
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::titleChanged(int)
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::availableTitlesCha nged(int)
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::chapterChanged(int )
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::availableChaptersC hanged(int)
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::angleChanged(int)
Object::connect: No such signal
Phonon::Gstreamer::MediaObject::availableAnglesCha nged(int)
dragonplayer(3624): Attempt to use QAction "aspect_ratio_menu" with
KXMLGUIFactory!
dragonplayer(3624): Attempt to use QAction "audio_channels_menu" with
KXMLGUIFactory!
dragonplayer(3624): Attempt to use QAction "subtitle_channels_menu" with
KXMLGUIFactory!
$



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Christoph Burgmer
 
Default can't play any video in dragon player

Am Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2009 schrieb Flavio:

> Hi all,

> since i upgraded to kde4.2 (from experimental) i cannot play any video with

> dragon player.

>

> I think i installed all the required plugins (my phonon backend is

> gstreamer):

>

> $ aptitude search ~igstreamer

> i A gstreamer0.10-alsa - GStreamer plugin for ALSA

> i A gstreamer0.10-plugins-base - GStreamer plugins from the "base"

> set i gstreamer0.10-plugins-good - GStreamer plugins from the

> "good" set iB gstreamer0.10-plugins-really-bad - GStreamer plugins from

> the "bad" set i gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly - GStreamer plugins from

> the "ugly" set i A gstreamer0.10-x - GStreamer plugins for

> X11 and Pango i A libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0 - GStreamer libraries

> from the "base" set i A libgstreamer0.10-0 - Core GStreamer

> libraries and elements i A phonon-backend-gstreamer - Phonon

> GStreamer 0.10.x backend $

>

> before upgrade i was using xine backend.



The backend are not intended do be completly feature compatible with regards to formats understood as I understand it. I have music here that works with xine but not with gstreamer.



> Am i missing something? Should i return to xine backend?



I switched back to xine and I guess that one just has to check what fits best to one's personal needs.



> Using mplayer everything works.



mplayer supports different formats, comparing does not help. You might want to check [1]. Does anybody know about release plans of the mplayer or vlc phonon plugins?



Christoph



[1] http://code.google.com/p/phonon-vlc-mplayer/
 
Old 02-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Flavio
 
Default can't play any video in dragon player

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 13:17:04 Christoph Burgmer wrote:
> > before upgrade i was using xine backend.
>
> The backend are not intended do be completly feature compatible with
> regards to formats understood as I understand it. I have music here that
> works with xine but not with gstreamer.
>
> > Am i missing something? Should i return to xine backend?
>
> I switched back to xine and I guess that one just has to check what fits
> best to one's personal needs.

In fact using the xine backend everything works again.

I was asking because with gstreamer i cannot even play ogg videos, which is a
free format and so should be well supported.
It just seemed strange that the preferred (the one automatically installed)
backend cannot handle it and i immediately thought about a problem...

thanks



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Christoph Burgmer
 
Default can't play any video in dragon player

Am Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2009 schrieb Flavio:

> On Wednesday 04 February 2009 13:17:04 Christoph Burgmer wrote:

> > > before upgrade i was using xine backend.

> >

> > The backend are not intended do be completly feature compatible with

> > regards to formats understood as I understand it. I have music here that

> > works with xine but not with gstreamer.

> >

> > > Am i missing something? Should i return to xine backend?

> >

> > I switched back to xine and I guess that one just has to check what fits

> > best to one's personal needs.

>

> In fact using the xine backend everything works again.

>

> I was asking because with gstreamer i cannot even play ogg videos, which is

> a free format and so should be well supported.

> It just seemed strange that the preferred (the one automatically installed)

> backend cannot handle it and i immediately thought about a problem...



Same with me, weired ogg problems, making me accuse Amarok for droping a important standard. I guess Phonon messes up the direct "line of blame".



Christoph
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:27 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org