Old 01-28-2009, 05:41 PM
santilin

Default knetworkmanager problem with lenny

Hi, I can not connect to any wireless network using knetworkmanager
0.2.2 (Using KDE 3.5.10). The Activating Wireless Network Connection
halts at 28%, stage: Configuring device and ends up with a Connection
Failure popup.

In /var/log/messages, I've found:
dhcdbd: message_handler: message handler not found under
/com/redhat/dhcp/rausb0 for sub-path rausb0.dbus.get.reason

I can, however, connect to any network using wireless-tools, i.e,
iwconfig and dhclient.

The versions of the software I'm using are:
uname -r: 2.6.26-1-486
kde: 3.5.10
KNetworkManager: 0.2.2
debian: lenny
/etc/debian_version: 5.0
dhcdbd: 3.0-5
dbus: 1.2.1-4

Old 01-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Kevin Krammer

On Wednesday 28 January 2009, santilin wrote:
> Hi, I can not connect to any wireless network using knetworkmanager
> 0.2.2 (Using KDE 3.5.10). The Activating Wireless Network Connection
> halts at 28%, stage: Configuring device and ends up with a Connection
> Failure popup.
>
> In /var/log/messages, I've found:
> dhcdbd: message_handler: message handler not found under
> /com/redhat/dhcp/rausb0 for sub-path rausb0.dbus.get.reason

I have seen this when the DHCP sub service of network manager wasn't available
anymore.

Usually restarting network manager helps

# /etc/init.d/network-manager restart

Cheers,
Kevin

Old 01-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Johannes Wolter

Hi,

santilin wrote:
> Hi, I can not connect to any wireless network using knetworkmanager
> 0.2.2 (Using KDE 3.5.10). The Activating Wireless Network Connection
> halts at 28%, stage: Configuring device and ends up with a Connection
> Failure popup.
>
> In /var/log/messages, I've found:
> dhcdbd: message_handler: message handler not found under
> /com/redhat/dhcp/rausb0 for sub-path rausb0.dbus.get.reason

I had similar problems, but with partly different package versions and error
messages, so I don't know if my fix applies to your problem. Lately a bug in
dbus "rights management" was closed, with the consequence, that the
knetworkmanager to NetworkManager communication did not work anymore. I
changed my /etc/dbus-1/system.d/knetwokmanager.conf. Try to replace every
occurence of
org.freedesktopmanager.NetworkManagerSettings
by
org.freedesktopmanager.NetworkManagerUserSettings

HTH,
Johannes

Old 01-28-2009, 10:09 PM
santilin

Yes, it had something to do with that. Somehow I had been messing with
dhcbdb.conf. I have restored this config file and now it works again.

Thanks!

Johannes Wolter wrote:

Hi,