Old 01-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Juergen Hornung

Default KDE 4.2 RC1: Adding plasma widget to desktop crashes plasma.

Hi all,

I'm running Debian SID (up-to-date) and KDE 4.2 RC1.
If I try to add a new plasma widget to the desktop this causes a high load of the plasma process, as a result*of this, KDE itself cant be managed (no menu, no desktop switching, etc). The only solution is to kill*the complete session.

This error occurs after upgrading from KDE 4.2 beta to 4.2 RC 1 and is still there after upgrading
today to the newest KDE packages.

Any hints?

Regards
Jeibie