Old 01-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Curt Howland

Default Audio CD MP3 encoding options location?

Old 01-19-2009, 07:44 AM
simozack

2009/1/19, Curt Howland <Howland@priss.com>:

> Where can I look? KDE has to store the command options somewhere.

It seems you have find a bug:

Simone Z.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Curt Howland

Old 01-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Alejandro Exojo

El Lunes, 19 de Enero de 2009, Curt Howland escribió:
> Reading the bug, I find it astounding that the command line options
> are not accessable AT ALL. I knew kcontrol didn't have them, but to
> have such things compiled in seems...counterproductive.
>
> It seems I've found a limit to the much vaunted
> KDE "configurability". :^)
>
> Many thanks, Simone. I guess I'll piggy-back on the bug and see what
> happens.

Just in case you (or other list subscriber) don't know, K3B is excellent in
ripping audio CDs. Unfortunately, you can't tune the command line options
either (or at least you can't with vorbis), but I find it nicer and more
convenient than the kioslave.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2

Old 01-19-2009, 03:44 PM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

On Monday 2009 January 19 06:32:41 Curt Howland wrote:
>Reading the bug, I find it astounding that the command line options
>are not accessable AT ALL. I knew kcontrol didn't have them, but to
>have such things compiled in seems...counterproductive.
>
>It seems I've found a limit to the much vaunted
>KDE "configurability". :^)

Have you tried KAudioCreator? IIRC, it does allow the encoding options to be
specified in great detail. It's a very single-use program, but it's the
application I prefer for ripping CDs.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))