-   -   Compiling kde4libs - unresolved symbols (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/218356-compiling-kde4libs-unresolved-symbols.html)

Stephan Hachinger 12-26-2008 03:51 PM

Compiling kde4libs - unresolved symbols

Hi all,

I'm compiling KDE 4.1.85 on Debian *Etch* (using dpkg-buildpackage). I know that's crazy, but with 4.1 I still managed, as I compiled/upgraded also the necessary libraries.

Now with 4.1.85 dh_makeshlibs -plibplasma3 ends up with an error (log attached, it shows the build process after make install). As I've never had anything similar (I guess old dpkg ver's did not check symbols that extensively?!?), I'll be glad if someone can give me a hint (or reference) how to resolve this. Esp. if so. could give a hint which lib I'm missing etc, I'd be really happy.

Have nice holidays,

Stephan Hachinger

Modestas Vainius 12-26-2008 08:37 PM

Compiling kde4libs - unresolved symbols

Hello,

penktadienis 26 Gruodis 2008, Stephan Hachinger rašė:
> Now with 4.1.85 dh_makeshlibs -plibplasma3 ends up with an error (log
> attached, it shows the build process after make install). As I've never had
> anything similar (I guess old dpkg ver's did not check symbols that
> extensively?!?), I'll be glad if someone can give me a hint (or reference)
> how to resolve this. Esp. if so. could give a hint which lib I'm missing
> etc, I'd be really happy.
Remove debian/libplasma3.symbols.in and do libplasma3 shlibs versioning
yourself. Alternatively, you can fix debian/libplasma3.symbols.in yourself
(remove symbols, which are not # but become missing (-)). I guess the error
occurs because you're building with gcc 4.1, not 4.3.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>

Stephan Hachinger 12-27-2008 12:31 PM

Compiling kde4libs - unresolved symbols

Hi Modestas,

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 23:37:45 +0200
Modestas Vainius wrote:

> Hello,
>
> penktadienis 26 Gruodis 2008, Stephan Hachinger rašė:
> > Now with 4.1.85 dh_makeshlibs -plibplasma3 ends up with an error (log
> > attached, it shows the build process after make install). As I've never had
> > anything similar (I guess old dpkg ver's did not check symbols that
> > extensively?!?), I'll be glad if someone can give me a hint (or reference)
> > how to resolve this. Esp. if so. could give a hint which lib I'm missing
> > etc, I'd be really happy.
> Remove debian/libplasma3.symbols.in and do libplasma3 shlibs versioning
> yourself. Alternatively, you can fix debian/libplasma3.symbols.in yourself
> (remove symbols, which are not # but become missing (-)).

thanks very much, I've managed to make the packages :).

> I guess the error
> occurs because you're building with gcc 4.1, not 4.3.

That may indeed be the case - I checked: I'm using 4.1.

Cheers,

Stephan