Old 12-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Ken Heard

Default Konqueror navigation bar tabs -- inconsistencies

There are two users set up in the same P4 etch box, both of which use
KDE, including Konqueror. However the navigation bar tabs are different
for each one. User K has the following: Bookmarks, History, Home
Folder, Network, Root Folder, and Services. User D has all the
foregoing plus System as the last one.

Furthermore, in Services neither user has LAN Browser, which according
to Chapter 7 of the Konqueror Handbook is an available option. While
both users have under Services the Devices option, selecting it opens a
small window which says "Protocol not supported".

To the navigation tab bar I would like to

1) add the System tab where it does not exist (K user);

2) add to the Services tab the LAN browser; and

3) provide the protocol to make the Services -> Devices option operational.

By right-clicking on the vacant area of the navigation tab bar I tried
to make these additions, as the Konqueror Handbook implies can be done
that way, but was unsuccessful. If these additions are possible I would
appreciate it if someone could tell me how to make them.

Regards,

Ken Heard

Old 12-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Christoph Burgmer

Am Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2007 schrieb Ken Heard:

[snip]

> To the navigation tab bar I would like to
>
> 1) add the System tab where it does not exist (K user);
>
> 2) add to the Services tab the LAN browser; and
>
> 3) provide the protocol to make the Services -> Devices option
> operational.
>
> By right-clicking on the vacant area of the navigation tab bar I tried
> to make these additions, as the Konqueror Handbook implies can be done
> that way, but was unsuccessful. If these additions are possible I would
> appreciate it if someone could tell me how to make them.

Right clicking on the navigation bar should offer you a method to reset
everything to the system standard. This way you should be able to see your
system tab.

I believe that you(r) two users setup to KDE at different points in time. It
seems that the menu doesn't offer the System-tab in its selection. Maybe you
want to file a bug report.

HTH

Christoph