-   -   Konqueror - can no longer use ctrl-T to open blank tabs (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/13794-konqueror-can-no-longer-use-ctrl-t-open-blank-tabs.html)

Ken Heard 12-06-2007 02:49 PM

Konqueror - can no longer use ctrl-T to open blank tabs

I have been using KDE in my P4 box for some time, first with sarge and
now with etch. There were some KDE problems on upgrading, but I now
have an urgent problem not related to the upgrade.

Starting sometime yesterday, I can no longer open a new blank tab with
the ctrl-T key combination. Every time I try it the following appears
in the main area:

and the top line of the window shows: "about:blank - Konqueror".

What is this; why did it appear suddenly without any deliberate action
on my part; and how to I stop it?

Ken Heard

joseph lockhart 12-07-2007 11:41 AM

Konqueror - can no longer use ctrl-T to open blank tabs

>Further to the attached post, I now discover that I
>can no longer open
>in Konqueror any html files. What I get instead of
>a document in html,
>
>format I get a plain text document including all the
>html codes.
>
>I discovered that this fault and the inability to
>open tabs with ctrl-t
>
>only happen when I am on my user. If I open any
>other user in the same
>
>box, Konqueror behaves normally.

I would guess (at least on the second problem) that it
is probably a setting that is off. try view (menu),
view mode, khtml to get back to viewing html

for creating a new tab check in settings, configure
shrotcuts, it is about half way down the list but it
should be there

good luck

jwlockhart

Registered Linux User #458799